Friday, January 15, 2016

City Crafters Challenge Blog # 294 - Butterflies

Hello friends.  It's been awhile since I played along with the great ladies over at City Crafters Challenge Blog, but couldn't resist this week when I saw that the challenge was "butterflies".  We are deep into Winter here in Michigan, so anything to do with Spring and Summer is very appealing to me right now, and that definitely includes butterflies!! :0)  Here's what I came up with:


 
I started by making a background with a technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire and Hero Arts Color Layering Butterflies stamp set.  I used an old SU! Lovely Lilac ink pad (gosh I miss that color and wish they'd bring it back!!!) and one of the solid stamp images and randomly stamped all over my card stock.  Next I went in with the detail stamp and Unicorn White Pigment Ink (HA) to fill in the solid butterfly images.  I also added small circle and swirly images with the white ink, and then lastly added a few tiny dots with a white gel pen.  The tone on tone plus white makes for such a pretty background and SO easy to do!  Next I added a vellum strip that I embossed my birthday sentiment on using PTI's Think Big Favorites: #24.  Lastly I added a die cut butterfly from PTI's Life is Beautiful and a couple sparkly enamel dots.
 
 
  
If you'd like to get inspired by some beautiful butterflies, then check out the City Crafters Challenge Blog right HERE and play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!  :0)

6 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful Marcia. Love that color too and love your card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your big, bold, pretty butterfly Marcia! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB, good to see you here!

Birgit said...

Gorgeous, Marcia! I love the tone on tone with the white detail. So pretty! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh t's stunning Marcia!! I'm so glad that you played along with us at CCCB! Thank you!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Marcia!

Stella said...

A gorgeous card; thanks so much for joining us at CCCB! Good to see you!