Thursday, January 21, 2016

Altenew Academy Stunningly Simple Watercolor Techniques Day 3

Hello friends.  Another homework assignment (who knew homework could be so much fun?!!) from Altenew Academy Watercolor class.  Day 3 shows us how to emboss our image first, and then drop in the color.  Another technique I had to play around a bit with, but I like the way this card turned out!  My photo is a little dark because of lack of sunshine, so just imagine it a little brighter!



I used Botanical Blocks II (PTI) and embossed it with gold embossing powder, and then began coloring it in using water, Hibiscus Burst, just a touch of Autumn Rose, Simply Chartreuse, & Ripe Avocado inks.  It's really cool to watch the color travel when you put down water first, and then ink.  The sentiment is from Keep it Simple: Birthday (PTI).  A few gold dots, some sequins, and gold cord finished off my card.

Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!!  :0)

5 comments:

Linda said...

Nicely done Marcia. Very pretty.

Colleen said...

Marcia, so pretty! You are doing great! I love those botanical stamps...they are great with this technique!! Keep up the good work!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely stunning Marcia!

Lydia said...

Beautiful Marcia! I love your colouring, you totally aced this :)

Birgit said...

So beautiful! You achieved a great softness in the petals! It's just stunning!!