Wednesday, December 5, 2012

3D Ornament Card

Good morning friends.  Today I'd like to share a card with you that I wish I could take credit for, but it is definitely a CASE.  I have also seen this card on quite a few different sites, so I'm not even sure who to tell you the original creator is.  Whoever came up with this idea though..."I love it!"  Here's my version:


I love how clean and simple (CAS) this card is.  And EASY!!  While I'm not quite sure this is going to be a "mailable" card, it is still lots of fun to make and would also be fun to receive.  The ornament is made by using SU's Ornament punch and design paper of your choice (my dp is "Timeless Christmas Poinsettia" by TPC Studio).  I punched out 5 ornaments for mine (you can cut out as many as you like...the more you use, the fuller your ornament will be) and then used the scoring tool on my paper trimmer to score down the center of each of the 5 punched ornaments.  Once these are scored, they are ready to be attached together with either sticky strip or Scor tape  (my dp is more like a cardstock weight, so I thought it needed more than just glue or regular adhesive...if your paper is more like copy paper weight, you should be able to get away with glue or regular adhesive).  Once you have the ornament assembled, put adhesive on the 2 backside halves and add a piece of string, ribbon, or cord, also to the backside, and then attach to a piece of cs cut at 4" x 5 1/4".  I punched a tiny hole near the top and threaded my gold cord through and taped down on the backside of the cs.  I added 3 punched pine branches (Martha Stewart) with SU's Always Artichoke cs and then put a little bow made with more gold cord on top of the pine branches.  I added a larger half backed red pearl at the bottom of the ornament and then added my sentiment (PTI's Christmas Blessings) in SU's Cherry Cobbler ink.  I used pop dots on the back of this layer and attached it to a regular size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2") card base.  My instructions look pretty long here, but this really is a quick and easy card to make.  It would also be a great card to make using up your scraps of design papers!  You could also use a circle punch (any size) if you don't have the ornament punch...use your imagination and I know you'll come up with something beautiful, fun and unique! :0)

Thanks for stopping by and sharing part of your day with me...I LOVE it when you do!! :0)
 

No comments: