Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Angel

Good morning friends.  I hope you all had a good weekend.  I hesitate to say "great" or "wonderful", as I think everyone, everywhere, struggled with heavy hearts this weekend.  In a world that seems to have lost it's moral compass, I guess we need to remember to take each day as the gift it was meant to be and to let those special to us know they are loved on a daily basis and not just once in a while.  Please remember to keep those 27 families in your prayers for weeks and months, as they all have such long roads ahead of them, and to not take a single day for granted!

The card I'd like to share with you today is another Lily of the Valley, and because of the amount of work that goes into these particular cards, they are not ones that I "mass" produce.  I made 4 of these cards for 4 of my good friends...take a look:



I still have a lot of little kid in me and love to color...I just use big girl crayons (Copics) now instead of Crayola's!  Don't you just love her little pixie face?!  I stamped her on SU's Whisper White cs with Momento's Tuxedo black ink, and then colored her with assorted Copics.  I added a little glitter to her wings (click on picture to enlarge and see better) and then used one of my circle Spellbinders dies to cut her out.  I mounted my circle onto a larger scalloped circle cut out in SU's Real Red cs.  I did not mount the scalloped red circle to the design paper (We R Memory Keepers "White Out") as I wanted the back side to be stamped with "Merry Christmas" and the year "2012".  My vision with this card was to be able to have the image used as a Christmas ornament that could be hung on the tree (or anywhere), so I also cut out another white circle and another red scalloped circle and mounted them back to back, stamped my sentiment and year, punched a tiny hole at the top and attached to the red ribbon at the top with a silver cord that could be untied by the recipient and tied to their own Christmas tree.  Hope that makes sense!  I just wanted to make the card "useable"! :0)  I added a couple red tulip flourishes (Provo Craft die) in the bottom corners with a red half backed pearl attached to each to finish off the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your Monday with me...I SO appreciate each and every one of you who are sharing my journey with me!  God bless!! 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

This card is absolutely beautiful - one of your top 5! Thanks for sharing!