Monday, February 17, 2014

Shades of Pink

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post today.  Last fall there was a technique going around in the stamping world where you use masking tape and your ink pads to make a background for your card, and I finally got around to trying it.  I think I still need a little practice, but after trimming down the parts I didn't like and adding my focal image, I think it turned out alright.  Take a look:


I used SU!'s Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, & Smokey Slate inks with the masking tape and then stamped the image from Serene Silhouettes in black ink.  I added a paper doily to the side of the image before layering it to a piece of black cs, tying a piece of pink and white twine around it, and then mounting to a pink card base.  My sentiment is from PTI's Boutique Borders: Sympathy.  Considering I thought this was going to the scrap bin in the beginning, I think it turned out pretty well after a little doctoring up! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful Monday.

3 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Marcia, it is better than alright. It's beautiful.

Sue said...

This card is beautiful. Glad it didn't end up in your circular file!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like the look your tape gave. And yes, I know exactly what technique you are talking about. I haven't gotten around to trying it myself yet either, but when I do I hope my card comes out at least as half as nice as yours.