Thursday, December 18, 2014

Merry Monday #139 - Winter Wonderland Theme

Good morning friends.  Haven't played along with the good people at Merry Monday's in a while, as thanks to them, I had all my cards done late in October (wellllllllll, except for some of the insides!!).  But anyway, I was inspired by some of the beautiful cards by the design team this week, and thought this would be a good opportunity to try out one of the distress ink background technique's that I learned from a Jennifer McGuire Ink video.  Take a look:



I don't know how much more winter themed you can get with a snowflake, right?!  I inlaid the snowflake ("Fancy Flakes" - PTI) into my background that I made using Stormy Sky and Dusty Concord Distress Inks (TH).  The technique that Jennifer McGuire showed in her video was adding the water spots after blending the inks, by using PearlEx mixed with water and then flicking a paintbrush in the mixture and then onto your background.  It leaves a very subtle shimmer to your background, and unfortunately, because we get no sun here in Michigan during the winter months, almost impossible to capture with the camera...grrrrrr!  IRL it is very soft and pretty!  My sentiment was embossed with white embossing powder ("Phrase Play #9" - PTI) onto a black banner, and I added a white enamel dot to finish it off.  More of a modern and graphic design than I'm used to making, but have to admit I really kinda like this card!  :0)

Make sure you check out all the other beauties and even play along, over at Merry Monday's .


Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a wonderful Thursday!  I get to babysit my granddaughter Addy this afternoon while her mommy finishes up some shopping...lucky me!! :0)

3 comments:

Windy Ellard said...

Love your ditressed background and the snowflake! Thanks for sharing!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful background and stunning inlaid snowflake. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Gorgeous background, so pretty against the white snowflake! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!