Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Rustic Wreath

Good morning friends.  Sharing with you another easy to mail card today (as much as I love adding embellishments, I do NOT like paying extra postage!!).  This card is definitely a CASE of Debbie Olson's card (Thinking Inking), and I kept it pretty much the same as I just LOVED her card.  I do not have the Copic Airbrush System like Debbie used though, so I used TH Distress Inks instead to color my wreath.  Take a look:



Isn't that such a beautiful wreath?!!  I used the embossed resist technique on this card.  Started with a piece of glossy white cs and then embossed using Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Rustic Wreath.  Next I lightly tapped the raised areas with my Versamark pad and then embossed using clear embossing powder.  Using a TH Ink Blending tool, I used Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks over the whole wreath, and then using a Kleenex, wiped off the excess ink from the areas that had the clear embossing powder on them.  Love, love, love the look of the white that shows through using this technique!  I finished with some red Stickles for the berries, and a sheer bow and tag (PTI - "Tiny Tags"). 

Another busy, busy day, so off I go!  Have a wonderful day and remember to enJOY  every bit of this amazing and beautiful season...the coming of our LORD and SAVIOR!!     

3 comments:

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card! Even more so in person. I was mistaken last night, it wasn't Debbie Olson. I can't think of who it is, but I will look into it, because it will bother me until I remember...hahaha! Love this card...I might have to borrow that embossing folder :).

Darnell said...

You're right, Marcia, this card IS beautiful!! I love that tip about lightly applying the Versamark and using clear powder!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Colleen said...

Stunning!!