Thursday, April 9, 2015

Make it Monday #208 - Ombre Stamping

Hello friends.  This weeks Make it Monday challenge has Laurie showing us some great tips on ombre stamping.  Here's what I came up with:



I used "Delightful Dahlia Additions" (PTI) stamp set, and instead of inking from the bottom up, I started inking from the center out on the flower.  I used Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, & Sweet Blush inks.  For the leaves I did ink from the bottom up with Simply Chartreuse, Limeade Ice, & Spring Moss inks.  After fussy cutting the flowers and leaves out, I attached them to my card base that I had stamped with "Background Basics: Super Chevron" (PTI) in Simply Chartreuse ink and a Heidi Swapp background stamp in Smokey Slate ink.  I also added the sentiment from the "Delightful Dahlia Additions" stamp set in black ink, and then a little bit of glitter to the centers of the flowers. 

If you'd like to play along with this weeks challenge, you can check out Laurie's video and great card all right here. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, ooh, Love this card. Thanks for sharing. Now I need more product!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so gorgeous. Your dahlia's are perfect. Love them.

Diana K said...

I think you just invented a new trend - love the ombré stamping from the centre out! Simply gorgeous card.

Colleen said...

Awesome, Marcia! Love how you did these flowers!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is STUNNING, I definitely LOVE it!

Manuela said...

lovely card, the flowers come out great!

Nancy Penir said...

I just knew you'd come up with something spectacular! And fussy cut, yet! Gorgeous ombres on the leaves and dahlias! Love that script bg too!

Kara Lynne said...

Is this ever gorgeous!! I love that your leaves are even ombre! This card is a favorite!!

Joy2Scrapbook said...

Oh---such lovely flowers!! Great job with the ombre stamping!! Love your card!

Marybeth said...

This looks amazing Marcia! Love this set and the pretty soft pinks you used. This was another fun MIM. You, fussy cut! Nice!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful dahlias, Marcia! Looks like your technique worked well on your flowers and even your leaves are ombré.

Sue said...

I love your ombre dahlias! So very pretty. I can't believe how far behind I am on commenting on your posts. Way too much fussy cutting for me, but well worth it! Love, love this card!! Beautiful!!