Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Merry Monday #154 - Let's Go Vintage


Hello friends.  This weeks challenge over at Merry Monday is to make a vintage Christmas card....I LOVE vintage!!  I may have gotten a little carried away with the Walnut Stain and Tea Dye distress inks, but I sure had fun!  Take a look:



This card has oodles of layers...there were just too many things I wanted to include!  After using the distress inks on the card base and all the other layers too, I started assembling.  I used a couple of scraps of DSP on the bottom, and then added a doily that I had glued a "Rustic Wreath" (PTI) die cut on top of.  On the upper right side I added a snowflake from "Fancy Flakes" (PTI).  I added a deer die cut (Tim Holtz) to a Cherry Cobbler tag (Tag Sale #5 - PTI) that I also embossed in gold the sentiment from "Rustic Wreath".  Next I added some smaller snowflake die cuts (IO) and a few champagne colored pearls.  A milk chocolate seam binding ribbon (The Craft Spot) finished off my card.  (I also dipped the edges of all the snowflakes and the wreath in gold embossing powder...love that look!!)



Lots of beautiful cards to check out this week, and all the info you need to play along right here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

7 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful vintage card Marcia. You really nailed this.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Marcia, you really know how to do vintage!!!! Love this deer and all the elements! I need to remember about dipping the snowflake in gold EP. Love that look! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Tracy Welham said...

A really great vintage card. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Colleen said...

Wow, wish you were my neighbor to give me tips on this vintage theme...this is beautiful!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Love all the beautiful, rich elements you added to create a gorgeous vintage card!! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Kara Lynne said...

I love your vintage look! That reindeer, those colors, and that bow are fantastic!

Sue said...

I love your vintage Christmas cards! So awesome...beautiful!!!