Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Ghosting Technique

Hello friends.  Last week I made a couple cards using a technique called "ghosting" that I learned about from Loll Thompson and a fabulous video she did that you can watch right HERE.  Know what I love most about Loll's video's (besides the beautiful cards and great technique's)?  They are short and sweet, and direct to the point!  Her video's are usually only 2 - 4 minutes long, and yet she manages to tell you EVERYTHING you need to know to try that technique and be successful!  So anyway, here's what I came up with:

 
Isn't that leaf gorgeous?!  Anyone that knows me, knows how much I LOVE leaf images and am always on the lookout for new leaf stamps and dies!  This particular die comes from Gina Marie Designs (WWW.WHOLESALECRAFTINGSUPPLIES.COM).  My background using the ghosting technique was done with Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint distress inks and a Winnie & Walter stencil.  My sentiment is from PTI's Keep It Simple: Praying For You.  Here's a close up view:


My next card uses the same ghosting technique for the background but with different colors (Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers) and another Winnie and Walter stencil.


When I was blending my distress inks on for the background, I did the Picked Raspberry in circles, so I thought using the Pattern of the Rings stencil was perfect to use for this ghosting technique!  This time I added a butterfly (Memory Box - Vivienne Butterfly), sentiment (PTI's Keep It Simple: Thinking Of You), and enamel dot.


Hard to tell in my photo, but the butterfly is really sparkly, thanks to my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.

If you have 4 minutes, make sure you go check out Loll's video and beautiful cards...it will definitely be time well spent!! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

3 comments:

Birgit said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards Marcia! That leaf die is really fabulous and stands alone just perfectly! I'm off to check out Loll's video and hopefully join in on the fun!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards Marcia, I particularly love the butterfly one with those gorgeous colors.

Loll said...

WOW ... great job with the ghosting technique Marcia! Your backgrounds for both cards look AMAZING. And I LOVE that gorgeous leaf die that you have showcased on your first card ... beautiful. Thanks so much for the shout out! xx