Tuesday, July 5, 2016

"Ham It Up On Your Birthday"

Hello friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!  Pretty slow here, but we did have beautiful weather and got lots of yard work done!  Not much stamping though!  I do have a card that I made last week for our SIL's birthday though...take a look:


Our son in law has a disease called Eosinophillic Esophagitis (EED)  that in simple terms means his body is allergic to just about every type of food out there!  He can basically eat meat.  No seasonings or coatings on it either...just meat.  No wheat, soy, nuts, dairy, etc.  There are a few fruits and vegetables he can have, but doesn't really care for them.  Let me tell you cooking for him definitely a challenge!  But anyway, one of his favorite meats is bacon.  And since my good friend Birgit shared a few of the new Birdie Brown images from MFT's Hog Heaven, this little piggy made a perfect birthday card for him!  (Thanks Birgit!!)  My background uses a TH Honeycomb stencil and some Smoky Slate ink.  The little piggy is colored with some Copics and then mounted on my sentiment.  The little blue rectangle is die cut from a Gina Marie Designs die...love that wonky little stitching on those dies!  Debated on whether or not to add glitter to the cupcake since that didn't seem very manly, but I went with it anyway and he didn't seem to mind!  (or probably even notice!!)  But anyway, a CAS and quick card, and I was very happy with the way it turned out!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

3 comments:

Linda said...

This is so adorable Marcia. Oh what a horrible disease. Can't imagine not being able to eat anything.

Birgit said...

This card is so adorable!! You colored up that little piggie just perfectly!

Colleen said...

Marcia, first my thoughts are with your SIL...what a horrible disease, I had never heard of that! I bet your card brought a chuckle to to him though...the pig is so cute, what a darling image! Thanks for all your encouraging comments on my blog...I need to get back into the swing of things...vacation has a way of wiping out mojo!! Have a great rest of the week, friend!!