Friday, June 15, 2018

CAS Christmas June 2018 - Masculine Christmas Card

Hello friends.  This month's challenge over at CAS Christmas is to create a Christmas card that is MASCULINE.


When I had been making cards for this month's Twofer Challenge, I still had a portion of unused background that I thought would work well for this month's CAS Christmas challenge.  Here's what a I came up with:


Because it's been awhile since I made this background, I'm guessing here, but I believe it's Brusho's (Cobalt Blue) and salt crystals.  I simply added a Penny Black die called Polar Bears to the bottom of the background and then layered it with a black mat.


I used a snowflake Sizzix embossing folder for my white background to add some snowy interest, and then also matted that with black before adhering it all to a white card base.  A simple sentiment from PTI's Quilted: Winter embossed in silver on a black strip finished off my Masculine Christmas card.

There's some absolutely wonderful inspiration from the DT, so check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

What a handsome, masculine card this is Marcia. The embossed snowflakes are so pretty with the brusho background and those darling polar bears. Beautifully done my friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet trio of polar bears, Marcia, and I love your Brusho sky - gorgeous!!

Bonnie said...

A beautiful background, Marcia! Love the polar bears! What a fantastic die cut! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Mac Mable said...

The most perfect wintry background for those adorable die cut polar bears. The dry embossing looks wonderful and the salt crystals look like bursts of snow flurries...Wonderful card x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Awesome CAS Christmas card, Marcia! I love your Brusho and salt sky. It's so beautiful and the effect is interesting. The white polar bears and the black matting make the card look so masculine. The snowflake embossing adds some nice visual texture. Thanks for playing along at CAS Christmas! Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

I had to pull out my polar bears after this. Gorgeous scene Marcia and love those adorable bears :)

Loll said...

Your salted brusho sky is gorgeous. It really looks cold and frosty, perfect for those sweet bears! Love this design Marcia. The black framing and sentiment banner add lots of contrast next to the white. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, I forgot to say thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas