Friday, October 15, 2021

CAS Christmas October 2021 Reminder - GRAY & RED

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at CAS Christmas Challenge where we are looking for CAS Christmas cards using GRAY & RED


I have a really simple card to share with you using a Spellbinder's large die of the month from last year (I believe it was November 2020)...


Didn't that turn out so pretty with the gray and red combo??!!  I used the stitching die to cut out the snowflake in Smokey Slate cardstock, and then simply stitched stitched it with 2 strands of red floss.  


I finished with some simple matting and an older AE scalloped circle die, and then added my sentiment from PTI's Christmas Blessings in Smokey Slate ink, and a few silver gems from Pinkfresh Studios.  

This challenge is open till the 24th, so check out all the inspiration from the DT using GRAY & RED and then play along with us right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Cat Craig said...

That looks so cool, Marcia. Fabulous card.

Susan said...

That is lovely, Marcia - the floss stitching is a great detail and the design of the card with the recessed red panel and the scalloped border is fabulous.

Lisa Elton said...

It is pretty done up in red and gray surrounded by all of that crisp white!

Colleen said...

Wow, this is stunning! Thank you for this fun challenge and the great colors!

Loll said...

This is beautiful Marcia! I LOVE the stitching on the card. What a fantastic technique! And this has been a wonderful challenge ... thank you!! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Amazing and so very pretty... This is a gift!

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty effect with the stitching and a beautiful CAS card Marcia x.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, this is simply wonderful! LOve your stitches, and of course, the colors!
=]

Birgit said...

This is beautiful, Marcia! The stitching adds such a nice texture to this card. I love all the layers and the wonderful color combination.

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness Marcia - what a wonderful die and the stitching makes it magical! So pretty in your challenge colors of red and gray - a beautiful card! xx

Bobby said...

What a beautiful card, Marcia. The stitching adds a whole new element to your snowflake.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! I love all the details in your snowflake, especially your red stitching! Thank you so much for a really fun challenge! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so pretty, Marcia! The red stitching on the gray snowflake looks fabulous! The scalloped circle perfectly frames the beauty. I've really enjoyed your challenge this month, my friend!
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

Wow! Such a pretty effect with the red stitching, the scalloped window is perfect for the snowflake too, beautiful work, Cathy x

Bonnie said...

Blogger seems to have eaten my comment so I'll try again. I love how the stitching adds texture to this beautiful die cut! Fantastic challenge, my friend!

Sue N said...

Wonderful design, Marcia! I love the red stitching on the gray snowflake and frame of the inside scallops in white!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful with amazing stitching!