Sunday, October 17, 2021

Inspired By #191 - I'd Fall for You

Hello friends.  I fell in LOVE with the inspiration photo over at the Inspired By Challenge and just had to play along!


I mean how can you NOT fall in love with a photo like that?!  The cute bear and the beautiful Fall colors totally inspired me to come up with this card...


As much as I love how this card turned out, there are parts of it that kinda bum me out!  I started with a plain piece of white cardstock and stamped 4 different leaves ( Gina K - Fall Foliage) using Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, & Mustard Seed Distress Inks that I spritzed with water before pressing onto my cardstock, and it looked so bright and pretty!  Next I used a really old Cuttlebug/Provo Craft embossing folder that has all sorts of words associated with Fall on it, but you could hardly read the words with it being on white cardstock.  So I had the bright idea that if I lightly sponged some Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the raised embossed words, it would help them stand out more where you could actually read them...and it did work!  But.......yep, the beautiful leaves I had stamped weren't very noticeable anymore!  Grrrrr!  I still love the look of the background as the colors do show through, but you just can't really make out the shape of the leaves!!  Oh well, live and learn!


 My sweet little bear comes from the SugarPea Designs stamp set Hey Winter and was Copic colored before being pop dotted on my sentiment strip that is also from a SugarPea Designs set called Hey Fall.  The little leaf is also from the same set.  

The DT has some AWESOME inspiration for you this week, so check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open for a few more days (20th).

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

The beautiful leaves or 'reading' the words...I see 'both' Marcia and what a creative background x. Fabulous stamping and wonderful Autumnal colours. the cutest of little bear and a Great take on the wonderful inspiration photo x.

Cat Craig said...

I see the leaves and the words, It think it turned out as a great fall background. Fall colors can be a bit muddled when you look about nature.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you may be a bit disappointed that those pretty leaves don't show up as well after staining the embossed bits, but I THINK it's just perfect - and perfectly adorable! Love that little Boo Boo bear, and look how happy he looks to be there tucked among all this Fall-ness??
thanks so much for joining in the fun at IB again!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I can see your pretty leaves in the background, Marcia! And that little bear is as sweet as he can be. This is a darling card. Thanks for playing along at iB!

Bonnie said...

The leaves are what I noticed first about this fantastic card, Marcia! I LOVE this background and the sweet bear looks quite happy enjoying it too! I think you have a winner here!

Bobby said...

It may not be what you had in mind, Marcia, but I think that background is fabulous. I can imagine a patterned paper like that and I mean that as a compliment.

Birgit said...

This turned out adorable Marcia! I can see the leaves in your background. I think the overall effect of the stamping and the embossing turned out great. Your little bear is adorable too!

Danni Reid said...

I LOVE how this turned out, I was eager to read your description because your leaves look amazing behind the words! This is inspiring, creative, and FEELS like fall, I love it! Thank you for inspiring us @IB this week!

Caro said...

Love the background and your bright leaves are just perfect even with the highlighted embossed words. The entire card is wonderful and feels just like Fall should.

Loll said...

I noticed your leafy print background right away, Marcia! It's gorgeous! And I love that you embossed over top and added the brown to highlight the text. Fabulous design, my friend. Of course, the icing on the cake is that adorable bear! :) Makes me smile! xx