Wednesday, July 8, 2026

CAS Christmas July 2026 - Snowman

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals over at CAS Christmas so I can keep up with my Christmas cards!  This month they are looking for a SNOWMAN.  Easy peasy as I do happen to have a few...hundred! Haha!!


I pulled out a little TH set called CHILLY & FREEZY and came up with this CAS card...


I started by using SB's Hemstitch Rectangle Dies to make a border frame around my snowman and also cut another plain rectangle from the center and ink blended a little bit of purple in the bottom right corner before embossing the rectangle with SSS's Snowflake Visions ef.  I sprayed it quite liberally with Sheer Shimmer Spritz Sparkle before inlaying it back into the center of my card front.


Next I die cut my snowman from white cs and only colored his eyes, the charcoal buttons, his nose & twig arms with my Copics. I thought about coloring his hat and scarf, but decided to keep him (or is it a her??) really clean looking.  I used foam tape on the back of him (or her) for some dimension.  I may have to play more than once this month as I really do have an abundance of snowmen stamps and dies...hope you don't mind?!  And these snowmen should help cool us down with this hot, HOT Summer we're having!! Ha!!

This challenge is open till the end of the month and if you need some more inspiration to play along, you can check out all the wonderful snowmen Linda and the rest of the DT have made right HERE.   



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You must know how much I love this little snowdude by now, Marcia! He looks truly frozen in ice today - and with your cool purple 'breezes' coming from the southeast, he'll stay that way!
Bring 'em on, my friend! I do love your collection of snowmen!
=]

TK said...

This is SO pretty, Marcia! Love that you used purple to accent the Frosty Snowman-- he's adorable. I often wonder why none of those TH Snowmen ever landed in my basket 😏

Julia Aston said...

I love these guys - and how easy to put together when he's all white! Wonderful shimmer on the embossed background, Marcia, with that touch of purple creeping in from the corner! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas: Snowman! Julia xx

Bonnie said...

Super fun, Marcia! LOL, he looks like he's introducing his partner! Love the embossing and bit of purple shading!

Lisa Elton said...

He's a cutie, that's for sure and I adore the way you've framed him! This is a delightful card, Marcia. Thanks for playing along at CAS Christmas!

Leslie Miller said...

I would love to see ALL your snowpeople! This is so pretty! It appears he's holding his hands out to feel the snowflakes falling. The mostly all white is simply perfect. I really like the hemstitch as white on white, too. And, ohhhh, that purple! I can see the shimmer in the second photo. Just a sweet beauty, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

that bit of inking is a fabuluos anchor for your snowperson. Lovely card.

Bobby said...

This is one set I brought with me and will be using at least one of those TH snowmen for my card. Your design is delightful with the snowy background and soft ink blending, Marcia.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... your snowman card is ADORABLE!! I LOVE everything about it. Sweet frame, and beautiful background with embossing and the softly sponged purple corner. And your snowman is so adorable. Great work, Marcia! Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas! xx

Linda said...

Marcia, your card is fantastic. I love everything about it, from the frame, EF, and your sweet little snowman. I bet it is so sparkly in real life as I can see it a bit in the picture. And the addition of the purple sponging is perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Birgit said...

What a wonderful wintry card! I always enjoy seeing your snowman cards come to life. The touch of shimmery purple is so fun!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fun card, Marcia. When I see Chilly and Freezy, I am always sad that I did not aquire them when they were available. I love this fabulous CAS design, and it's nice to see the hemstitch border. I have forgotten about them. I also really love that little bit of purple in the bottom right corner. Just wonderful!

donna mikasa said...

What a cutie, Marcia! I love how you've framed him/her and the bit of lavender plus all the white details is a CAS delight!