The mittens totally caught my eye and I had to dig out an older (red rubber) Serendipity Mittens stamp to play along. I also have been wanting to try this technique I've seen from Leslie (and others) using vellum with 2 sided sticky paper, cs, and embossing folders. It works beautifully and really makes your embossed vellum stand out and with the added bonus of NO cracking and NO glue or adhesive showing through! Take a look...
I stacked 3 of the scalloped circle die cuts to frame my mittens, and then added a silver snowflake (WF's Small Snowflake Die) and a sentiment strip from SSS.
When I went hunting for my mitten stamp, I found another snowman stamp and couldn't resist making another card with the vellum technique.
I know I've already played twice with Loll's CAS Christmas Challenge, but hopefully she won't mind one more from me, so this one's going to her challenge! My image is from IO (Alesa Baker Designs - E8311) and was once again stamped and clear embossed, and then colored with my Copics. My background was done with the same vellum technique and SSS's Snowflake Visions ef. My sentiment is from SB's Make it Merry Sentiments and although it's hard to see in the photo, the top black layer has the words Make It Merry very thinly die cut into it, and then there's a piece of gold mirror cs behind the black layer that shows through.
If you've never tried the vellum and embossing folder technique, you really need to...the way the embossed design stands out is just incredible! I still want to try it using colored cs too, as that also turns out beautifully from what I've seen others do!
There's still one more day to play along with the Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge and 2 more days to play along with the CAS Christmas Challenge.






14 comments:
More fabulous snow themed cards! Oh my goodness, your mittens are so wonderful and the texture in that stamp is quite marvelous. I absolutely adore the image of your snowman holding the little one placing a star on the tree. So, so sweet. Maybe that one is a snow mom! I need to try this vellum thing. Yours came out so wonderfully.
Marcia, I hadn't even thought to try that trick over white card! It's stunning - and what a wonderful spot to tuck a pair of mittens or snowmom [and baby]
=]
Beautiful cards! I love that you can get such a stunning embossing with the vellum and how it accents the paper. Both snowmen cards are as sweet as can be
Great showing of the technique and wonderfully festive images.
Oooohhh, these are so pretty! I've yet to try this vellum trick, so many of you are tempting me with your amazing results! CUTE cards, Marcia. We're always happy to have you play along at CAS Christmas!
Fabulous Christmas cards Marcia. Love the blue mittens and the snowflake embossed panel with the vellum. I want to try this technique also. Your snowman card is cute as can be and I am sure Loll doesn't mind you sharing another great snowman card.
That embossed vellum makes such a beautiful background, Marcia! Two beautiful designs here - I love the snowman holding up the snowbaby to put the star on the tree - what a cute stamp! Thanks for playing with us again at CAS Christmas: Snoeman! Julia xx
We are all excited when you enter cards Marcia ... keep 'em coming! :) LOVE this sweet snowman. Love your colouring ... I totally failed with Copics and admire those that have mastered them! LOVE the vellum and white card snowflake background ... it's dreamy. This technique is on my list and hopefully you'll see something from me soon. :) Thanks for joining us again at the CAS Christmas challenge. I appreciate YOU! Love, Loll
I love this technique with the white background, Marcia! The vellum gives a dreamy feel ant the sweet designs show beautifully with it! Love the mittens and that sweet snowman!
That technique using a snowflake folder really makes a wonderful way to show off your Christmas images, Marcia. I wish I had brought more double sided sheets with me so I could try it. Those mittens are cute and so is the baby snow person.
WOW! These are both just FABULOUS! Love the technique ... looks amazing! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace on Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Peace on Earth Co-Owner
The POE challenge has the cutest boards and I love how you were inspired to bring out these wonderful oldie mittens! The silver snowflake with them is such a pretty accent and, of course, I love the vellum covered embossed snowflake backgrounds on both cards. I'm so glad you made another snowman card, too! That is the most adorable stamp!
Marcia, I love your little windows with the mittens and snowman. All are colored beautifully. Fantastic cards. So glad you joined us at CAS Christmas.
Both cards are just as sweet as can be, and I especially am intrigued by this vellum technique. Both the mittens and the snowmama and babe are cute, cute, cute!
Post a Comment