Thursday, November 15, 2012

For The Birds

Good morning friends.  It is sooo cold here in Michigan that the frost is thick enough to almost look like a layer of snow on everything!  I'm not a big fan of snow, but I can appreciate the beauty of it (another one of those JOY moments!).  I love watching birds in the winter and how they stand out against the snow...especially cardinals! Take a look at this card:



This was a quick and easy card using a stamp set from Hero Arts (another one of my favorite companies!) called "Merriest Christmas Wishes".  I used a speckled off white card stock (Stamp Therapy) and stamped the image with SU's Night of Navy.  For the cardinal, I used the edge of a sponge dauber and red decorating chalks.  It didn't come out as vibrant as using a Copic marker, but I kind of liked the soft look the chalk gave, since the blue and white are so stark.  I layered the image with SU's Night of Navy card stock and then a base of the speckled off white card stock.  No ribbon, no bling...just very simple!

Find JOY in the little things today friends, and have a great Thursday!  Thanks for stopping by...I love it when you do. :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Especially love this picture, Marcia! Reminds me of my grandma Alice and her love of red birds.