Tuesday, November 13, 2012

JOY

Good morning friends.  Well we did get a "trace" bit of snow yesterday, but nothing that qualifies for that "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" look or feeling!  So rather than another Christmas card, today I'd like to share something else you can do with stamping. 


I have been making these picture frame plaques for quite a few years now as gifts (usually house warming gifts) and I computer generate the saying and then stamp the rest.  I can't remember where I first heard this saying (sermon? book?), but I LOVE it and have it in several areas of my home to remind me daily that joy isn't happiness, and that it IS all around me.  Sometimes we just have to look a little harder! :0) 

I used several stamps to make this plaque.  Next to the saying, I used an Endless Creations stamp and colored right on the rubber with SU markers (Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant, Summer Sun, & Cherry Cobbler).  The paper I used is a really textured watercolor paper, and once I stamped the image, it made it almost look like it was cross stitched! :0)  (if you click on the image to make it larger, you'll be able to see what I'm talking about with the cross stitching)  For the background, I used a piece of kraft cs and stamped with SU's Soft Seude, using SU's "Watercolor Trio" stamp set.  I cut the main image out with a Spellbinders oval die, sponged the edges with SU's Soft Seude, and then mounted it on the kraft cs and framed it.  Very simple and a very nice gift to give (and receive!).

I hope you will all remember to look around you today (and everyday!) and find the JOY that is waiting to be found.  God puts it all around us...we just need to take the time to look. When you purposely search for the joy, you will be amazed at the peace you feel...even on a hectic or not so great day!  Have a great Tuesday friends! :0) 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the reminder, Marcia! :)