Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Good morning friends! Sorry about missing yesterday...life just gets in the way sometimes! I had always told myself that if I ever started a blog, I would not be an "everyday" post-er, but rather 2 or 3 days a week. BUT, when I first started over a month ago, I was SO excited about finally doing something I had dreamed about for so long, that I couldn't help but post everyday! :0)   I think the reality of "life" has sunk in though, so you may not see a new post everyday... but, if I have lots of things to share, who knows?! :0)

Anyway, getting on to todays cards (yes, 2 cards today!). Yesterday was my niece Jen's birthday, and today is my friend Stephanie's birthday, (Happy Birthday ladies!!) so here are their birthday cards:

 

Both cards are basically the same, I just used a different ribbon treatment on each one.  I used almost all Stampin Up product (for you, Steph!) for both these cards.  The card base is Whisper White, then a layer of Old Olive, and then a layer of First Edition Speciality paper (LOVE this stuff!).  I then stamped the stem and leaves (Field Flowers stamp set) in Old Olive ink right onto the First Edition paper.  For the flowers, I stamped them on scraps of Whisper White cs with Marigold Morning (retired) for the first card and Summer Sun (retired) for the 2nd card.  I cut them out and attached with pop dots and then stamped the "Birthday Wishes" in Old Olive (from the Watercolor Trio stamp set) and punched out with the oval punch and layered in Old Olive with the scalloped oval punch.  The brown grossgrain ribbon, jute, and maple leaf brad are all from Michael's.  Simple, but very "fall" feeling cards.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll be back soon!    

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Marcia! I got my card this morning before I got to your post. It's beautiful. Thank you!! Love all the SU! stuff, too, of course.