Monday, November 12, 2012

I Love Snowmen!

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend.  Mine was busy, busy, but had lots of fun and even got things accomplished!  Stamped alot too as I'm selling Christmas cards this year to make a little extra $...let me know if you need any cards! :0)

I'm showing you a snowman card today because they are predicting our first snowfall of the season later today. (It was upper 60's yesterday and cold enough to snow today...that's Michigan for ya!!)


This card was done a few years ago, so forgive me for not having a lot of detail for you on this one.  The image is a C.C. Design digital image and after printing it on the computer, I cut it with a Spellbinders oval die and then colored with SU's water color crayons. (this was pre-copic time...I feel like my watercolor crayons have been sadly neglected since I discovered Copic markers!) I added a scalloped oval (Spellbinders) in SU's Bashful Blue, and then layered with a strip of SU's Whisper White that was embossed with a Sizzix snowflake embossing folder, a wider strip of dp in green and white polka dots, and then a larger layer of dp.  It's been so long ago, I can't tell you the company names for the dp...sorry!  I added a pink ribbon (Michael's), tag (cut with SU circle punches), snowflakes (punched with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch), and a little bit of "bling" to make it sparkle.  Sometimes these 5 x 5 cards look more difficult, but don't be scared away...just using a bigger field so there's more room to play! :0)

Another busy day for me, but I'll be back again tomorrow with some more inspiration.  Thanks again for stopping by...you know I love it when you do! :0)


 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I like snow on cards much better than on the roads - beautiful card!

Stephanie said...

Cute snowman. Love the colors! (And I agree with Kathy....Put snow on as many cards as you'd like; maybe you'll keep some off the roads!)