Monday, April 22, 2013

Wedding Day Card

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Our middle daughter got married and it was just a perfect day...the bride was absolutely beautiful, our son in law was incredibly handsome, and the day was filled with all our family and friends there to celebrate with us!  Wonderful, wonderful day! :0) 

Today I'd like to share the card I made for my daughters wedding.  I am just in love with PTI's "Birds & Blooms" stamp set and the technique used for a Make it Monday (#109) a while back - Watercolor Stamping Plus Embossing.  My daughters "theme" for her wedding was green and leaves, so here is what I came up with for her card:

 
 
 Again, this past month has been very cloudy, so my photo's don't really capture the detail, but click on the picture to enlarge it and you'll be able to see more.  Here's a close up shot to help a little bit:


I  used SU!'s Certainly Celery and Always Artichoke re-inkers to create the background before stamping the main wreath image again with VersaMark and white embossing powder.  I added one of the flower layers next with SU!'s Gumball Green ink to add a little of the color that was closest to the color we used for the wedding.  The rest was pretty simple...using a couple of my Spellbinder dies to cut out the circle and scalloped circle, attaching it to a textured white card base, embossing the "Wishing" sentiment in silver, and then adding a sheer bow to the wreath.  The inside is similar to the outside:

  
I basically did the opposite on the inside, and stamped the main wreath image in Gumball Green, and then embossed one of the flower layers with white embossing powder.  I added a couple more of the flower layers to add some more fullness with Certainly Celery  and stamping off with Gumball Green.  The sentiment over the wreath is part of the "Birds and Blooms" set and the "Congratulations" is from SU!'s "Love & Laughter" stamp set. 

Tomorrow I'll be back with the party favors I made for the reception, but until then, I'll leave you with a picture of the happy couple:


Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you all have a wonderful Monday!  :0)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card! I love the picture of them you posted above. Such a gorgeous couple!