Thursday, April 18, 2013

Emboss & Watercolor Technique with Iris

Good morning friends.  Sorry for the lack of posting lately, but wedding things have taken over my life!  The big day is 2 days away now, and other than the flower snafoo, things are pretty well in place.  The card I'm sharing today is one I made at the same time I made the Lily of the Valley card last week with PTI's Make it Monday challenge using embossing and watercoloring.  I really like this technique...it makes such elegant cards!  Take a look at this card using a stamp of an Iris:


I love how this card turned out!  The stamp is one I've had for years and years and is from Embossing Arts Co.  I used SU!'s Crumb Cake ink to stamp the background with the French Script stamp and then stamped the Iris image with VersaMark and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I used an Aqua Painter and SU!'s Elegant Eggplant, Always Artichoke, & Certainly Celery re-inkers to color the flower.  I layered with Elegant Eggplant card stock and used a card base of the same light cream that I stamped the main image on.  The image itself is so stately and elegant that I didn't think the card needed anything else.  Here's a close up of part of the flower:



That's all for today friends and I'll be back sometime next week...have a beautiful wedding card to share with you then.  In the meantime, remember to keep all those in Boston and now in Waco, Texas in your prayers...what an unbelievable week!  My heart just breaks for all that loss of life and especially in Boston as it is just so senseless!  Can't help but wonder where the sanctity of life has gone?!!  John 1:5 gives me comfort in times like this...knowing that the world is dark, but Jesus has overcome the darkness.  Believe! :0)

Thanks again for stopping by...love it when you do! :0)

1 comment:

Kathryn A said...

I really love how this card turned out!