Monday, April 8, 2013

Festive Friday Color Challenge

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend!  Spent mine doing wedding things of course, but did find some time to play along with the Festive Friday challenge (FFC05), which this time was to use the colors blush, aqua, & gold.


Not a hardship at all to play with these colors...loved it!  Here's my take on it:


My starting point was some BoBunny designer paper, and then used one of my favorite PTI stamp sets - "Winter Hills".  I used my Copics to color the scene, and then simply layered with the designer paper and SU!'s Pool Party card stock, added a sparkly gold snowflake (Memory Box Dies - Bianca Snowflake), and finished with a ribbon and aqua button.  Oh, and added the center from the snowflake behind the button to add a little more gold to the card.



  Came together very easily, and the colors just make me smile!  There's a lot more to smile at too, if you head over to the Festive Friday blog, so make sure you check it out! :0)

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Monday. :0)

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Fantastic card for the challenge! Hope you got to win.

Geri said...

So glad you enjoyed the colors, Marcia!! It shows, because this turned out beautiful! Love the little scene, and the snowflakes look so nice with it! The glittered one is gorgeous! Memory Box...should've known! Every time I come across one of those dies, I have to stop and check out where it's from...keep getting the same answer...Memory box;) This inquiring mind wants to know...they're so intricate looking...are they hard to get out without destroying??? I would really like to try some! Happy you're back with us, as always, Marcia! Beautiful card!!

Marcia Hill said...

Thanks for the kind words Geri! The Memory Box dies are not hard to use at all, but you do have to use a metal shim. I usually roll mine through my Cuttlebug a few times (rather than once) and they come out perfectly! :0)

Sanketi said...

Lovely card Marcia and thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE that sparkly snowflake!!! So beautiful... and it sets everything else off so wonderfully. I love your little scene! I am so glad you loved these colours - I thought they were so pretty, I couldn't resist them! I am glad to see you playing along again, I love your creations!