Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Make it Monday #113 - Perfect Pearls

Good morning friends.  Felt so good yesterday to have time to just sit down and play with PTI's latest challenge!  I panicked a little at first though, as I didn't think I had anything to play this challenge with.  But after a little digging, low and behold...I found a whole set of colors of the powdered pearls!  I couldn't even tell you how long I've had these....years and years and years probably!  But see, that's the good thing about buying things when you see them!  Don't look at it as hoarding...look at it as something you might NEED (not want!!) down the road! :0)  And I can't tell you how happy I am that I bought these way back when, because this was a really fun and beautiful technique!  Take a look:


The ONLY thing I did not like about this technique, is the inability to photograph the card so that you can see the brilliance that these perfect pearls have.  After looking at the other entries though, I know I am not the only one who had trouble capturing this.  In real life, this card just shines!  I used PTI's "Simple Sunflower" stamp set for the flowers and the sentiment is from PTI's "Embroidered Blooms".  The technique is very easy to do and Nichole did a great job with her video showing the steps at: http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/ . 

That's all for today friends!  Have a wonderful Wednesday and I hope to be back with some more inspiration later this week.  Thanks for stopping by...love it when you do!! :0)

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful card...I was thinking about those sunflowers myself! And I totally agree with you on capturing the true sheen on camera...grrr, I took mine outside and inside and it still seems washed out to me, but in Real Life, it is stunning, so I am sure yours is just as beautiful!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Marcia,the sunflowers look amazing :)

Nancy Penir said...

Yeah, I'm echoing your photographing comment. So much shinier in person! But your beautiful sunflowers are a standout! Just gorgeous!

Kathryn A said...

Truly beautiful!!