Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 2014 Blog Hop Challenge - #3

OK, one more!  I still had all my Aqua Mist and Melon Berry stuff out while looking through all the beautiful entries, and couldn't help but notice how many cards used the new "Life is Beautiful" butterfly set.  I hadn't used my set yet, but I sure had fun with it this afternoon!  So anyway, here is take #3 for this challenge:



I used my Melon Berry ink pad on a piece of acetate, and then used my Aqua Painter and the ink on a piece of scrap white cs.  Once it was dry I used a stamp from Gorgeous Grunge (SU!) and the Melon Berry ink to get the speckles, and then used the butterfly die (PTI) to cut out the shape.  I cut another butterfly out of Aqua Mist cs and then inlaid the cut out pieces of the Melon Berry one.  I also added Crystal Effects to the open spots on the Melon Berry butterfly.  I added a strip of Aqua Mist Bitty Dot DSP to the bottom of my card and then added the sentiment from "Life is Beautiful" just above that.  CAS, but still a really nice card to send out for a birthday. :0)  I will definitely be playing a LOT more with this set! :0)

May-Blog-Hop-Inspiration

OK, this really is it for me today, but if you haven't checked out all the other entries yet, it is totally a must this month...beautiful, beautiful cards!  Check it all out on Nichole Heady's blog.  Thanks again for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :0)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcia, 3 cards today, wow! You really out did your self today. All of your cards are amazing. My favorite is the butterfly card. I love how you added the specks to the butterfly. It looks like a really butterfly. I have to try that next time. Great job on all of your hard work.

A Crafty Person said...

Beautiful card! I just love these butterflies and seeing all the different ways bloggers are creating with them to today is super fun.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, so pretty!

Heather Rogers said...

This is so pretty, Marcia! Love the splatter on your butterflies. :)

Sue said...

Love this card. It's so pretty.