Monday, May 5, 2014

TOTAL CASE!!

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.  Pretty low key here, but that meant lots of stamping time! :0)  One of my favorite pastimes is browsing other stamping blogs, and I came across a fantastic one this past week from a SU! Demonstrator named Heather from Georgia.  You can find her blog here .  I lost track of time going through her blog as she had SO many fabulous cards and ideas!  The card I want to share with you today is a TOTAL CASE of her card (except for the sentiment), as there wasn't a single thing I wanted to change!  This card was a CASE for her too, from another demonstrator named Sandi MacIver, who does a fantastic video on how to make this card.  You can find the video here .  And here's the card:



The colors are what drew me first...Pool Party, Real Red, Old Olive, & Crumb Cake.  Aren't they SO pretty together?!!  This is called a Triple Time and Resist technique.  I won't bother going into technique and how to here, as it would be a bit long, but definitely check out Heather's site and Sandi MacIver's YouTube video for how to's if you are interested in seeing how this is done!  Definitely well worth the time! :0)  Oh, it would probably help if I mentioned what stamp set I used, wouldn't it?!  It's SU!'s "Fabulous Florets"...which just retired! :0(  Heather used a different leaf stamp that I didn't have, so I used the leaves from PTI's "Beautiful Blooms".  My sentiment is also PTI..."Keep it Simple: Birthday".

That's all for today, but I'll be back tomorrow with a few more birthday cards using Melissa Phillips idea from last weeks Make it Monday challenge...LOVED that one!  :0)  Have a wonderful Monday and thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!!