Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 2014 Blog Hop Challenge - #2

Hello again.  This months color challenge at Papertrey Ink was just too good to only make one card, so here's another one:



Had to play with my new "Background Basics: Super Chevron" for this card, and I love how it turned out!  I used Aqua Mist and Smokey Slate inks, stamping multiple times to create the background.  I used the middle sized flower from "Mum's the Word" stamp set and Regal Rose ink for my popped up circle, and I stamped the flower multiple times to get the soft shading effect.  The sentiment is from "Keep it Simple: Birthday" and finished with a few silver sequins.  (all stamps are PTI) I love the soft, but graphic feel to this card! :0)


May-Blog-Hop-Inspiration

Thanks so much for stopping by again and have a wonderful day! :0)

12 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh this is another pretty one Marcia. Love the background and of course the mum:)

victoria h said...

lovely card- love the chevron background

Linda said...

Another beauty Marcia. The chevrons look so neat...

Julia Aston said...

Your bloom is gorgeous against the pretty chevron background Marcia!

Betty Wright said...

Marcia, this is lovely! The more I see this chevron set the more I think I need it!

Renee V said...

This is so beautiful, well done!

Kristi said...

So pretty! I really love the chevron and mum combination!♥

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. I love those chevrons.

Sue said...

I love the chevron! Such a beautiful card. Love the colors together, too! Love!

StephH said...

Another beauty Marcia! I am kicking myself for not ordering that background set. What a perfect base for your floral image.

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card!

~amy~ said...

Love the bloom/chevron duo!