Monday, May 19, 2014

Graduation

Good morning friends.  Quick post today, but wanted to share a couple graduation cards I made last week using a fun new technique (for me!) that Splitcoast Stampers showed a couple weeks ago.  All you need are sponge daubers, refill ink, embossing folders, and water, and look at the cool backgrounds you can create:




I learned that using just 2 colors is plenty...if you try to add a 3rd color, it gets pretty muddy looking!  So just grab a couple sponge daubers and ink up 2 different colors and daub onto the top side of your embossing folder (the side that has the printing on it) randomly.  Once you have the embossing folder inked up, mist lightly with water and gently press your cardstock down onto it.  I'm bummed that you can't see it in my pictures, but before I misted with the water, I sprayed some gold iridescent Shimmer Mist onto my embossing folder, and that added a really pretty shine to the background.  The graduation stamp I borrowed from my girlfriend Sue, and I forgot to write down the manufacturer before I gave it back, but I think it was Paper Inspirations.  I also stamped over the sentiment with Smokey Slate ink and one of the images from Fabulous Florets (SU!).  My first card uses Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery inks and cardstock, and the 2nd card uses Wisteria Wonder and Pumpkin Pie inks and cardstock.  The graduation cap is die cut from PTI.

Definitely a fun technique, and one you will see more of from me! :0)  Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful cards! I love them. Yes, the Graduation stamp is by Paper Inspirations. I'm going to have to try this technique.

Irish Cherokee said...

Nicely done Marcia. great grad cards.

Birgit said...

Love the background technique you used. Do you remember where you found it on SCS? I'd love to give it a try!