Friday, May 2, 2014

Merry Monday #106 - Gingerbread Man or Woman

Hello friends.  Posting a little bit later than usual, but I've been waiting for the sky to clear up a bit so I could get a decent photograph....guess it's not going to happen!  But anyway, the Merry Monday challenge this week is to use a gingerbread man or woman on your card, and considering that I thought I wasn't going to be able to play because I didn't own a gingerbread stamp (and not even an image on any of my Cricut cartridges!), I'm pretty happy with what I came up with!  I thought I had remembered a gingerbread stamp at my local dollar store, and I was right!  So considering I only had to spend a $1, I'm a happy stamper!  Take a look:



Aren't they cute?!  My card base is a 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" size in kraft cardstock, and I used a piece of red/tan DSP across the top with a rick rack white border (PTI die).  I stamped the 4 gingerbread men in Soft Suede ink and then used the Stampin' Chalk Marker to draw the little zig zag lines on their arms and legs.  I stamped a 5th gingerbread man, fussy cut him out, and then used a little bit of the edge of a scalloped die to make it look like someone took a bite out of him.  I added a little tag from SU!'s "Too Terrific Tags" stamped in Real Red and also added a red grosgrain ribbon.  VERY simple, but again, I think it turned out pretty darn cute for a $1! :0)

You still have a few days to play along with this challenge, and can find all the details right here .  You do know that there are only 242 days left till Christmas, right?!!  Time to get going on those cards! :0)



Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!  Have a great weekend everyone!! :0)

12 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

How cute! Love the red gingham check paper -- such a warm, country touch! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Irish Cherokee said...

A really cute and simple card. Great find on the stamp. Made a wonderful card.

Wendy said...

So cute, Marcia! Love your row of gingers and the pretty gingham paper! The tag is perfect for this! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Bonnie said...

Wow, Marcia, you got a deal! And this is an adorable gingerbread man stamp! I love how you made of row of him and added the rick rack and checked border! Very homey and cozy! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Linda said...

This is sooo cute ...... I love it! xx

Sue said...

Great deal on your stamp! Such a cute row of gingerbread men and love the bite out of one of them. Love it!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Marcia, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Linda said...

Marcia, so cute and what a clever idea to make it look like someone took a bite out of the cookie.

Katie Melhus said...

So cute, love the nibble! So glad you joined us at Merry Monday!

JoAnn said...

Such a cute card. Love the colors and cute gingerbread men.

LeAnne said...

This is ADORABLE! So glad you shared this with us at the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cute card, Marcia! So happy you joined us at Merry Monday!