Friday, January 25, 2013

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

Happy Friday friends!  I'm back with a card I made for the January Blog Hop over at PTI.  The challenge was to use black as your background and then watch the colors you add to it "pop".  Here's my take on it:



I apologize for the quality of the picture but hope you can still see the background I made.  On my black layer, I used Stazon Opaque white ink and used the "Script" background stamp  from SU.  After that dried, I used one of the flowers from SU's "Embrace Life" and stamped it a few times with the Stazon Opaque white ink.  Here's a closer up picture so you can see the background better:

 

Next I used PTI's "Daydreamer" stamp set to stamp the poppies in SU's Real Red ink and then fussy cut them out (don't have the dies yet...would have made this card much quicker if I did!).   I also fussy cut the stems and the grass at the bottom with SU's Old Olive cs and ink.  After adhering the grass and stems, I used pop dots to make the poppies stand out a bit more.  I made a little banner for the top of the card with a sentiment from PTI's "Blooming Button Bits" and then finished with a couple silver nailheads (Gina K).

I really love the background of this card and how it all turned out! :0)  Challenges really are a great way to get out of a rut and try new things, and for me I think I succeeded!  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you all next week.  Have a wonderful weekend! :0)

6 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Love how your background turned out, too. Especially love the pop of the poppies!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love your background. I can`t believe you did all that fabulous fussy cutting. I am in awe of people that can do that. I usually amputate something by accident!

Annheidel said...

Love the cut red flowers against the black!

Kathy said...

Love how the flowers pop!

Angela said...

I love your flowers.

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the background and the popped-up poppies are beautiful!