Thursday, January 31, 2013

QAS Thank You's

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post this morning, but thought you might like to see the "Thank You's" I made for my daughters future family who hosted an engagement party for her this past weekend.  Most of you have seen the letters CAS (clean and simple) that stampers use when referring to cards, but I'm changing it up a bit and calling these cards QAS (quick and simple) because I'm still not able to sit for any length of time yet.  I decided to make these cards coordinate with the wedding invitations and even the shower invites, and here's what I came up with:


I started with a white card base (SU's Whisper White), added a SU's Gumball Green layer, and then stamped on another Whisper White layer the largest of the 3 flourishes in SU's "Flowering Flourishes" stamp set.  I used SU's Gumball Green ink for the flourish and black ink for the sentiment which is also a SU stamp (retired).  I adhered this layer to the Gumball Green layer and then finished by adding a few silver nailheads in the centers of the 3 flowers and was done.  All 4 cards took me about 20 minutes...QAS! :0)

I'll be back tomorrow or Saturday with another post...couldn't stand not to play in this weeks PTI's Make it Monday Challenge!  I know, I know, I'm SO addicted to stamping and paper crafting!  What can I say?!!  Better than some of the other vices out there! :0)  Ok, time to get up and start moving again, but thanks for stopping by...I LOVE it when you do! :0)

No comments: