Tuesday, January 15, 2013

With Sympathy

Good morning friends.  As a cardmaker, one of my least favorite cards to make is a sympathy card.  And I'm too supersticious to make any in advance as it always seems I need them when I do!  But anyways, my good friend Mary lost her mom last week and so the need for a sympathy card arose.  Take a look:

 

I kept it CAS with a Whisper White card base and then cut a leaf flourish from Cheery Lyn Dies in SU's Always Artichoke cs.  The flower is cut from SU's Wisteria Wonder cs and I used PTI's Bloom Builders #3 die.  The sentiment is from an older stamp I found at a craft fair years and years ago, and it doesn't have a name or manufacturer listed on it, but I've always loved the simplicity of it.  I added a butterfly near the bottom of the card with a Martha Stewart punch, and then added some pearls to the center of it's body and a larger pearl to the center of the flower.

That's all for today friends.  Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday and I'll be back tomorrow to start sharing some Valentine cards with you.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: