Monday, August 5, 2019

CAS Mix Up - Paper Towel Technique

Hello friends.  Loll has a fun technique over at the CAS Mix Up Challenge using inky paper towels.


I had paper towel with mostly reds, pinks, and oranges that I misted with my water spray bottle and then pressed into a piece of heavy white cardstock, and the inks left a beautiful impression that I used as a background for my card.


I used MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle Die to die cut the opening in my top card layer, and die cut again on my inked up paper towel piece so I could inlay the small rectangle for my background.  I adhered both to a top folding white card base, and then added a Poppystamps Meadow Flower die cut over the paper towel background.  I curled the petal edges up to give some dimension.  Here's a closer up so you can see the design of the paper towel...


The background really looks textured doesn't it?!  I finished my card with a simple sentiment from SSS's Sketched Flowers and added a piece of crochet thread around the top of the card.  CAS and easy peasy!

Loll has a couple great videos to watch if you've never done the paper towel technique, and there are so many GORGEOUS cards from the DT to inspire you also.  You can check it all out right HERE and play along until the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! Love that background, Jo x

Betty said...

I love this Marcia - wonderful colors and design!

Lisa Elton said...

This is delicate and ever so lovely Marcia!

Mac Mable said...

You've achieved a really pretty, unique and stunning effect with the technique Marcia. The dimension on the daisy looks so wonderful and thank you for joining in The CAS Mix up challenge with this very beautiful card x.

Susan Joyce said...

Great texture on your background Marcia and I love the flower die cut. Thanks for linking to the CAS Mix Up this month.

Christine Alexander said...

sooooo pretty Marcia :)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Marcia!! this is so sweet... love that you curled the petals! and your background is so pretty - love the impression from the toweling!
=]

Bonnie said...

This paper towel transfer background is awesome, Marcia! I have trouble getting the pattern from the towel to show up but you've got it perfect! Love the sweet meadow flower with the petals curled up and looking so natural and the sweet sentiment is perfect to finish off this sweet design! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous paper towel transfer textured background, Marcia for your beautiful all white die cut flower. Sweet sentiment too. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Anita in France said...

I am doing, Marcia ... smiling that is ... at your fresh, crisp and oh so lovely card! Such a pretty, texture-y background ... and a delightful bloom with the petals all curved and delicate! Yep, love it! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

That is really cool how that background came out. What a lovely CAS card. The delicate flower is just perfect for this!

Loll said...

Your background is awesome Marcia! Love the colours and the texture from the quilted design. Great work! Your white flower is gorgeous against the red. Curling the petals adds so much dimension. The tied crochet thread at the top is the perfect finishing touch! xx

Ros Crawford said...

I've yet to try this but your card is so inspirational... I love it!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love your paper towel transfer background, Marcia! The colors are so pretty and the texture is wonderful! And it's inlaid!
The white delicate flower die-cut is just lovely, especially with the curled petals. Super pretty CAS card! So glad to see your card in the CAS Mix Up gallery! Thanks!
Hideko xx

Sharron said...

So delicate and pretty! Love the effect you achieved with the paper towel. It definitely adds some texture. And the white flower is lovely!

Jo said...

Oh so pretty. Beautiful paper towel transfer and I love the monochromatic theme to your design, that dimensional bloom really pops out. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx