Thursday, October 17, 2019

Christmas Kickstart Challenge #21 - Woodland Creatures

Hello friends.  The current Christmas Kickstart Challenge is looking for WOODLAND CREATURES on our Christmas cards.


I have a sweet little set from Catherine Pooler called Winter Woodland that I thought was perfect for this challenge and came up with this card:


I started by embossing the 3 trees in clear embossing powder, and then blended my background over them using a few different shades of blue inks from Gina K.  Next I cut out my snowbank that I used a new die on from The Greetery called Drifting Die...just love all those dotted swirls of snow!!  Next I stamped the deer, bunny, and Cardinal and fussy cut them out and then added them to my little woodland scene.



The sentiment also comes from the Winter Woodland set, and I finished the card by mounting to a Real Red panel and a white card base, and also adding a few star gems to the background.

There are still a few days left to play in this challenge, so check out the inspiration and then play along right HERE.  Christmas is ONLY 10 weeks away friends, so time to get those cards started!!  :0)  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


7 comments:

Sharron said...

Such a sweet design! Love the adorable critters!

Dotty Jo said...

Simply swooning over your beautiful card, Marcia! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, always great to see what you've created for the theme, Jo x

Bonnie said...

The forest of birch trees is so pretty and I love the drifts of snow with the swirls! The deer, bird and bunny look like they like this scene too!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just darling Marcia! I love the pretty sky you've created!

Loll said...

So sweet Marcia. LOVE this colour combination. Adorable winter scene! xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww - sweet scene, Marcia! Especially love the soft sky and the red cardinal in the tree!!

Birgit said...

This is so adorable! Those little woodland critters are so cute!!