Friday, October 11, 2019

Tag You're It Challenge #98 - FALL LEAVES

Hello friends.  Honored to be Guest Designing again for the Tag You're It Challenge, and it's another bright and colorful challenge with FALL LEAVES!


Have the leaves started turning color by you yet??  Ours are still mostly green yet, and they're saying we're a good two weeks behind this year because of the strange weather we've been having this year!  Sure hope they start turning soon and don't go right to Winter!!  But either way, I've colored up my own leaves in my craft room, so it's all good!


I started with a piece of Rustic Cream cs and stamped leaves from Clearly Besotted's Autumn Flowers and Gina K's Fall Foliage with Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, and Peeled Paint Distress Inks and water.  Next I die cut my tag shape (Casual Fridays) and then ran the tag through an older Sizzix embossing folder.  To bring the embossed words more into focus, I used Tea Dye Distress Ink and a sponge and lightly rubbed it over the tag.


Here's a closer up photo so you can see the actual leaves and words a little better.  I added a little acorn to put my sentiment on and added a jute bow to the stem and then finished with a piece of heavy cream bakers twine.

There are lots of BEAUTIFUL tags from all the DT, so check them all out right HERE and then play along!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

A vibrant fall tag! I love how you brought the embossing forward by rubbing tea dye ink over it. This is so lovely my friend.

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting Marcia!! Your tag is fabulous. I like that you covered the whole tag with those wonderful autumn colors!

Bonnie said...

This tag makes me think of a pot of hot soup after and afternoon of raking leaves. Our leaves are turning brown. Hopefully they will get some color soon. Congratulations on your well earned Guest Designer spot!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the warm, fall colors of this tag and how you've got all those great sentiments all over the background. It's great to have you at Tag You're It!

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats!! And what a beauty your tag is... But then I always think of you as the queen of tag making!

Loll said...

This is beautiful Marcia. I love the warm soup, which I saw first. This is just a perfect autumn tag that makes you think of falling leaves and crisp autumn air and a warm bowl of soup. Great work! Congrats on being Guest Designer at Tag. You're it! xx

Bobby said...

Love all the texture and variety of leaf colors, Marcia.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love this fantastic mixed media tag!