Friday, December 20, 2019

Cotton Blossom Christmas

Hello friends.  Feels like FOREVER since I've posted, even though it's only been a little over a week!  Busy time of year for all of us though, so I know you understand.  Hope you are all getting everything done that needs to be done, but still taking time to enjoy the season and to most importantly reflect on the real meaning of the season...our Lord and Savior's birth.

I did take a little time for myself this week after seeing Betsy Veldman's card she showed on her Make & Tell Tuesday video using the Cotton Blossom stamp set along with the BotaniCuts Pine Bough dies.  It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and since I needed a couple thank you cards for a Christmas Tea I had been invited to, I decided to do a little bit of CASE-ing!  Here's my version:


I used some of the same stamps and dies as Betsy, but changed up my background using the Nordic Frame Dies and also a plaid piece in a light brown and green using Concord & 9th's Plaid Background Stamp.  I also used the Inside & Out Berry Branch die in white cardstock before adhering my pine branches, the pine cone, and the cotton blossom.  Here's a closer up:


You can also see in this photo that I added some Distress Mica Flakes (TH) and Distress Glitter Rock Candy (TH) to the pine branches and the pine cone.  My sentiment comes from the Pine Blossom stamp set from The Greetery.  LOVE the way the Cotton Blossom looks with the pine branches and pine cone...that Betsy is just too clever and  I loved her idea!!

That's all for now...

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! I love the distress mica flakes you added. They look so realistic. Love this card my friend.

Cindy H. said...

What a gorgeous "thank you" card!

Viv said...

Wonderful card Marcia.

Patti said...

Marcia this is so top pretty!! I love each perfect detail you added but the color combo you selected sends it over the top!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Marcia. The background is perfect for the pretty die cuts. Thanks for sharing.

I Card Everyone said...

I'll share mine, if you share yours next time we gather! I LOVE those pinecones!! A gorgeous creation, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love this, Marcia! It would make a wonderful masculine birthday card too!

Lisa Elton said...

You do know you are practically forcing me to order those dies, don't you? This is so beautifully warm and lovely!

Vikki H said...

Not only is this a striking, sophisticated color combination but you are an enabler who is blowing my budget with these fantastic dies!!

Anita in France said...

What a beauty, Marcia ... such gorgeous composition and a fantastic colour combo ... I love everything you do with all your yummy Greetery goodies! Wishing you a joyful and blessed Christmas, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Totally love this Marcia. I took my cotton balls out of the jar when I added the pine boughs but you've shown me they go well together.

Loll said...

This is one gorgeous card Marcia. I bet your hostess of the Christmas tea LOVED it!! The neutrals are so beautiful and calming. Love that plaid background and the bling you added to the pine branches. xx