Thursday, December 5, 2019

The Flower Challenge #39 - Use A Die

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge and this month they would like us to use a DIE on our cards.


I had no problem using a die for this challenge...in fact I used LOTS of dies!  All my dies are from The Greetery...take a look:


I started with a die cut panel using the Nordic Frame Dies, and lightly blended some Salty Ocean DI on it and also added some black splattering.  I die cut the pine bough (BotaniCuts Pine Bough) from white cardstock and then sponged on a variety of ink colors till I got the look I wanted.  The pine cone (also from the BotaniCuts Pine Bough set) was die cut from kraft cardstock and sponged with Soft Suede ink.  Both the boughs and the pine cone were then treated to a little bit of painting with Copic Opaque White to look like snow.  Next I stamped and die cut my Poinsettia from the With Love At Christmas set and pop dotted it over the pine boughs and pine cone.  Next I added a little filler using a few pieces from the Inside & Out Berry Branch, which I left white and just added a bit of Distress Glitter (TH).  Here's a closer up so you can see more of the detail:


I added a piece of Real Red cardstock behind my die cut panel to help bring out the red in the Poinsettia and then layered to a white card base.  My finishing touch was the sentiment from the Pine Blossom set.  Again, ALL dies and stamps are from The Greetery.

This challenge just started this week, so you have lots of time left to play along...especially if you need to still get some of those last minute Christmas cards done!!  Check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT and their special GD Nancy Penir and then play along right HERE.    

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Viv said...

This is lovely Marcia! x

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Marcia! I like the wee bits of red peaking in through the die cut. It adds so much interest!

Patti said...

This is really pretty! I love those die cuts - they are so realistic looking thanks to your perfect inking no doubt!!

I Card Everyone said...

The pine cone alone makes this so lifelike, Marcia!!! Stupendous card!!!
=]

Bobby said...

The more I see that pine bough set the more I love it, Marcia. Your pine cone is perfect in kraft and the blend of greens is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Loll said...

Your poinsettia card is beautiful Marcia. Great layering of die-cuts to create this amazing Christmas swag. Love the framing with the punch of red in the background. xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! What wonderful dimension, Marcia! I want to touch this! And the border with the bits of red peeking out is beautiful! The sparkle adds even more! A fantastic card, my friend!

Kara Lynne said...

So beautiful, Marcia! You arranged that cluster of sprigs, pine cone, and flower perfectly! I love the soft blue background, and the pops of red coming through the border! Gorgeous, my friend!

ريحانه said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ros Crawford said...

This is so beautiful and I love the touches of snow on the foliage!

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful card Marcia, love all those die cut pieces. Perfect for our challenge this month. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam.

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful card Marcia. Great layout, design and colors. TFS