Sunday, December 1, 2019

Inspired By Challenge #100 - Pink Christmas

Hello friends.  Couldn't resist playing along with the challenge at Inspired By where they are looking for cards inspired by this awesome PINK CHRISTMAS photo...


I loved the knitted hat box, the gold stars, the kraft packages and of course all the PINK in the photo too!!  Here's what I came up with using MFT's Pure Innocence Holiday Cheer.


I started with a Sweet Blush card base and then added two die cut layers using The Greetery's Nordic Frame Dies.  I also stenciled using Sweet Blush ink and Funky Fossil Designs Knitted stencil for my background on the top die cut layer.  I water colored the sweet little girls hat, coat, and boots using the same Sweet Blush ink, and then Copic colored her face, legs, hair, and shopping bags before die cutting her out.  (Thanks Michele!!)  I used a gold glitz gel pen to add dots and stripes to the kraft shopping bags and buttons on her coat. Here's a closer up so you can see the gold a bit better...


The gold stars were die cut from gold mirror cardstock and I added my sentiment to the inside because it just didn't fit on the outside where it looked good!

There's still a couple days to play along with this challenge, so if you love Pink and Christmas, check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT HERE and then play along. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is so sweet, Marcia! I love the soft coloring, the stenciling and the gorgeous way you've framed this! You've knocked this challenge out of the park, my friend!

Anita in France said...

Soooo sweet, Marcia ... and sooo pretty in pink! Deliciously soft and shimmery ... and so beautifully coloured and framed ... aren't those Greetery dies just gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Lisa Elton said...

Well she's just as sweet as sweet can be! But those polka dotty packages and bags have me smitten too!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling little girl laiden with packages, Marcia! Just love the Nordic frames too!!

I Card Everyone said...

Still among my favorites from MFT, Marcia - and I love all the things that inspired this card - you've represented that IB photo so beautifully!! Love every bit, dot, and inch of this darling card!
=]

Bobby said...

Absolutely perfect, Marcia.

Chris said...

I love your take on the challenge! The pink and kraft colored bags is right on.

Birgit said...

I didn't even notice the knitted hatbox until you mentioned it. Your take on the challenge is fabulous! PI images always steal my heart but this one in particular is so pretty in pink and layered up on those gorgeous nordic frames. No detail is ever overlooked by you, Marcia. This is just perfect!

Ros Crawford said...

This is so adorable!! I love the colours and those packages in a kraft colour really makes the whole thing pop!! Beautifully done!

Sharron said...

This is such an adorable image and your design shows her off so perfectly! The Nordic frame is beautiful and I love that you framed her in pink and added the knitted background.

Patti said...

Super Sweet Marcia!! I really love the gold accents you added to the shopping bags! beautifully done!!

Loll said...

ADORABLE!! Pure Innocence is always sweet, but with the soft pink and your beautiful framing it is the sweetest ever! xx

Laurel said...

Such a lovely card! Thank you for playing at Inspired By.