Sunday, May 3, 2020

CAS Christmas May 2020 - Winter Berries

Hello friends.  This month at CAS Christmas our hostess is Loll and she would like to see WINTER BERRIES on your Christmas cards.


I used an older PTI set called Seasonal Borders: Winter and came up with this card:


I used my MISTI to stamp and die cut the border, and then also did a partial die cut to the bottom edge of my card base so I could line up my die cut border.


When I die cut the cardbase, I didn't start right at the very bottom but up about a half inch so that I could add a strip of black & white striped DSP (also PTI) to the inside of the card base.  I think the border looks so festive against that simple strip of striped DSP!


I finished with a simple sentiment from The Greetery's With Love at Christmas and a single red enamel dot.

So many Christmas floral stamp sets have BERRIES included as part of the set, so we'd love to see what YOU come up with in our gallery!  You can check out all the beautiful inspiration from the rest of the DT right HERE and then play along with us!  Remember to keep your cards CAS, have FUN, and get a head start on those Christmas cards now...you'll be so glad you did come December!!  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is beautiful, Marcia!

Linda said...

So beautiful, Marcia. Love the black and white stripes at the bottom of your border. Hugs, my friend.

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Marcia, your berry garland really pops against your DP background :)

Bonnie said...

Wow! Love this border, Marcia! The way you've cut it and added that black and white stripe makes this so festive and fun! Awesome card, my friend!

Loll said...

Gorgeous berry border Marcia! Looks amazing with the black and white striped paper peaking out from underneath. Fabulous card, my friend! xx

JoAnn said...

Beautiful border. The black/white stripe paper behind the border shows it off so well. TFS

Trina P. said...

Beautiful, Marcia. Love the design with the striped paper peeking out underneath.

Colleen said...

One can never read the word "beautiful" too much, right? Well, this is another stunning card...and your design is so unique and yes the black stripe really make sit pop! Awesome and beautiful my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the drama the black and white stripes add to your garland! This is fantastic Marcia!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful partial die cut Winter berry border, Marcia. Love your black and white border inside too. TFS your clever CAS design, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

Anita in France said...

What a lovely festive border, Marcia ... the black and white adds such great drama to it ... and I love the single red 'berry' by the sentiment ... a great touch! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I adore the stripes, and every single [lovely] berry!
=]

Darnell said...

This is such a pretty horizontal design, Marcia! I love the border treatment of the b/w stripes under the gorgeous Christmas berries! And what a great way to lay out the sediment with a single embellie! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Great edge, and I love that bit of striping on the inside panel. Fabulous.

Bobby said...

I love that die cut edge with the stripes peeking out, Marcia. Very festive and lovely.

Julia Aston said...

That border DOES look very festive against the black and white stripes Marcia - a beautiful winter berry card! (I'm excited - I think I have these stamps so I'm off to see if I can find them!) xx

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love how you gave it a pretty edge... Just Wonderful my friend... Enjoy your day and stay safe

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy border with the berries and snowflakes, Marcia! The striped edge adds the perfect touch!!