Tuesday, May 19, 2020

CAS Stencil May 2020 - Layered Stenciling

Hello friends.  Playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge today and they are looking for LAYERED STENCILING this month.


I used a new stencil from Altenew called Tranquil Wings and it's already a 2 part (layered) stencil, but I also added a 3rd stencil from Color Box Art Screens called Rounded.  Take a look:


I actually started with the Rounded stencil first to make my background and used a blending brush and Mustard Seed Distress Ink and a VERY light hand so the circles would be very light colored.  Next I used the outline stencil of the butterfly's body with Sweet Mango ink...this layer was very visable until I added the next layer with Tangerine Twist ink.  Here's a closer up:


As I said it's hard to see all 3 layers but trust me...there's definitely 3 layers of ink on this card!  I used one of my Lil Inkers Stitched Circle dies to die cut my off center circle on the top layer of my card and then added the stenciled layer under it, and then attached both to a top folding white card base.  My sentiment is from an older PTI set called Choose Joy and it is still one of my all time favorite stamp sets!

You can check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautiful! I love the off center circle with the layered stenciling as a focal point. What a lovely inspiration piece for this challenge.

HilaryJane said...

Don't worry, I can definitely see the 3 layers and very lovely they are too. the circle stencil works really well as a background and I love the colour. Thanks for making the effort to join us this month xx

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous layering of stencils, Marcia. It looks awesome.

Bonnie said...

This butterfly stencil is AWESOME, Marcia! Love the three shades of orange and the sentiment! Words of wisdom for these times!

Bobby said...

This is so lovely, Marcia. It's like the butterfly is carrying away those worries. I love that sentiment.

I Card Everyone said...

Easier said than done these days, but a wonderful thought, Marcia! and beautifully said!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

So soft and lovely Marcia!

Colleen said...

Wow, fabulous Marcia. I need to give this a try! Your card is gorgeous and it uses up more of our products! Way to go!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful beautiful card! I love the stenciling and the colours are so complimentary! You rocked this Marcia!

Loll said...

LOVE this design Marcia! Beautiful layering of stencils and the colours are so pretty ... you have to love Mango!! The stitched circle off the edge is a great layout. xx

nancy littrell said...

Love your 3 layers of stenciling, Marcia. Stenciling your circles in a very soft color was a perfect background for your 2 layers of stenciling on your beautiful butterfly. Love your CAS design too. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Anita in France said...

I seee three layers, Marcia ... and they're lovely ... soft, ethereal and so very delicate ... lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful butterfly stencil Marcia - love the soft colors and that wonderful sentiment! xx

Linda said...

This looks fab! Great layering with those stencils and I love the colours you've used xx