Monday, May 25, 2020

Double D Challenge - Begins with M



Hello friends.  Playing along with the current challenge over at the Double D where they have a fabulous mood board showing things that start with the letter "M".

                                                                               

One of the gals on the DT (Barbara) used a House Mouse image and reminded me that I have quite a few and haven't used any of them in quite some time (like maybe years??!!), so it seemed like an appropriate time to pull one out and here's what I came up with...


I used Mouse Drops (1986...it is an oldie!!) and stamped it in Versafine Black Onyx and then heat embossed in clear before coloring with my Copics.  That poor little guy doesn't look too perky does he?!  Hopefully the Mouse Drops his mama is giving him will work quickly!!  :0)


I blended just a touch of Salty Ocean Distress Ink on my background and then die cut using an MFT Scalloped Rectangle die.  I layered with a piece of PTI Harvest Gold Bitty Big DSP and then adhered both to a card base that I dry embossed using an older Sizzix ef. 

You can check out all the amazing cards from the DT right HERE and then play along too.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Anita in France said...

Oh Marcia, this is so sweet ... all the detailing is terrific ... the textured background, those scalloped edges, the little ribbon ... and that wonderfully coloured scene is just adorable. Those drops will have that tiny guy feeling better in no time!! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

Oh those sweet little mice...so cute love the yellow accent.

Bonnie said...

Awh, I hope this little guy feels better soon. This is adorable, Marcia! Love all the yellow that is cheerful for a get well card!

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet card Marcia! I like the soft colors you've used and the clean layers. House Mouse images were some of my late SIL's favorites. This darling card makes me think of her!

Bobby said...

Oh how cute, Marcia. I'm loving that embossing folder!

Darlene said...

What a fabulous creation Marcia! Great coloring and design! Glad you were able to blow the dust off those older stamps (I have them too and forget about having them lol). Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Begins with “M”’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is so adorable!! I love the colour combination! Thanks for letting me know that your card arrived.. I'm so happy that you liked it! I will keep a look out for the mail but we are only getting post once a week right now... Have a beautiful day!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a sweet and adorable card! Love the colours and the cute image. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)