Sunday, November 22, 2020

Double D Challenge - Winter Blues

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge where they have an awesome mood board depicting WINTER BLUES for us to gain inspiration from for our cards.


I get together with a group of friends on ZOOM every 2 - 3 weeks where we take turns putting out a card sketch or different card fold for everyone to follow along with, and this past time we had a card fold that was soooo easy but different, and I just happened to use BLUE on the 2 cards I made, so perfect timing to join in this challenge!!


You take an 11 x 4 1/4 piece of cardstock and score in half (5 1/2) and then score again at 6 3/4.  Next you fold your card base in half and use adhesive on the inside inside the 1 1/4 score lines so that all that's left on the inside when you open the card is a square 4 1/4 x 4 1/4.  Hopefully this next picture shows it better...


Before you glue it shut though you should decorate the outside, and if you're going to put ribbon where I did, put that around the inside before you glue it shut too.  It really is just an ordinary A2 size card from the outside, but when you you open it up it's a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 square card!  Just something different!!  I used SU!'s Snowflake Splendor DSP and Misty Moonlight cardstock for my layers and the snowman is from a older SU! set called We Woosh You that I stamped in Misty Moonlight ink.  I colored his nose with an orange Copic and added some WOS to certain areas of his body to look like glistening snow.  The polka dotted ribbon is also SU!.

And because the card was so easy and fun to make, I made a 2nd card with more of the DSP from the Snowflake Splendor pack and used the "oh joy" sentiment from the Watercolor Christmas stamp set (SU!) as my main image...


This one was made the same way and I just switched up my Misty Moonlight and white layers, added the embossed "oh joy" (silver) and a snowflake (Gina K) die cut from holographic cardstock.  

Two easy peasy cards that I think fit in beautifully with all the BEAUTIFUL blue cards from the DT and those already in the gallery!  Check it out HERE and play along...this challenge is open for the rest of this week.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Kate said...

The number of times I've messed up my measuring and scored in the wrong place!!! Now I have an easy way to "fix" that!!! Seriously though, I love the soft blues you've used in this card and that gorgeous holographic snowflake - so tranquil and calming!

Cat Craig said...

Those are great cards, fun fold and perfect for the challenge. I love that you gave directions and I am going to have to try this out. Thanks for the inspiration.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you know blue isn't my favorite - but, girlfriend - this is a fabulous Winter-y blue! Love your fun-folded cards - especially that cross-country cutie!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love this fold and maybe I could actually do it right! We'll see! Love the paper and how well it goes with this sweet snowman! I love the joy of the second card with the peaceful snowflakes falling in the background! Two fantastic Christmas cards, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your frosty blues Marcia and the FUN folds!

Darnell said...

I love a blue Christmas card and these are just spectacular, Marcia! Your skiing snowman is having so much fun on that special EZPZ fold card! Love the ribbon. And I love the font on that Oh Joy on your twofer blue beauty! Zooming is fun and productive!! Happy Thanksgiving! Keep well and take care! Hugs, Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful blue Christmas cards, Marcia - just love your skiing snowman and the JOY looks amazing with the shimmery snowflake!!

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific card! Loving the fold and the blues!

Darlene said...

OH WOW what an awesome fold! Your cards both look fabulous! So glad you're able to zoom craft with friends!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Trina P. said...

These are so pretty in my favourite blue colour! That paper is beautiful. I’m not a square card kind of person but I love this fun fold and can see myself making square cards now! 😉

Birgit said...

These cards work perfectly for this challenge. They're both just as sweet as can be! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Robyn Oliver said...

Wonderful 'wintery' cards Marcia using this cool fold technique - definitely one I'll try out. I've been busy making all those 25 tags - just 3 left to finish, they make lovely additions to presents and then when I needed an extra couple of cards for friends - just attach to the front of a card. All my cards are sent thank goodness and I'm finishing off a crochet project, but looking forward to making some non Christmas cards and enjoying the Festive celebrations... Love your cards, hugs Robyn

Anita in France said...

What a fun fold, Marcia ... and beautiful wintery blues! That little line art snowman with his carrot nose is adorable ... and how lovely is your single shimmery snowflake against that fabulous background ... joy indeed! Hugs, Anita :)