Monday, November 9, 2020

The Twofer Challenge #33 - STARS

Hello friends.  It's time for another Twofer Challenge, and this month the prompt is STARS, so dig out those STAR stamps, stencils, or dies and play along with us!  Remember to make 2 different designs for 2 different occasions and let's see how we can all challenge ourselves to stretch those stamps, stencils and dies this month!

**SPECIAL NOTE**  This month (and this month ONLY!) we will be waving the two different occasions rule if you'd like to make 2 Christmas cards...we know crunch time is coming and would love to help you out if you need to get more of those Christmas cards done.  You're welcome!!  Also, because this is our LAST challenge of 2020 (NO December Challenge), Darnell has to decided to end the year on a positive note of JOY and GIVING and is offering a couple prizes, so make sure you check out the main post HERE to read all about it!  

I came up with a Graduation card (1st time I've ever had one done this early in the season!!) and a Christmas card using the Gina Marie Designs Star Cover Plate Die.  Take a look:


  Let's start with the Christmas card since that holiday is FAST approaching and we can all use a few more of these in our stash, right??!!  


You may be looking at this card and thinking "Ummmm Marcia, where is the cover plate die on this card, like on your graduation card??"  Well, it's not there!  BUT, the little stars that came from the cover plate die for my graduation card are in the shaker part of my Christmas card.  In fact, I used the cover plate die 3 times...once from white card, once from holographic silver card, and once from a matte finish silver card!  I did add a few red stars from a sequin mix I have just to add a bit of color, and then framed in the shaker part of my card using MFT's Peek-A-Boo Stitched Rectangle Die and some gray on gray polka dotted DSP from The Paper Studio.  The little polar bear is from one of my favorite PTI sets called Warm Wishes and I used a red Copic to color in his festive Christmas sweater!  The sentiment is also from the Warm Wishes set.


My graduation card uses the actual panel that was die cut using the Star Cover Plate Die and I added a piece of Rainbow Glimmer Paper (SU!) behind the die cut panel so that all my stars are different colors and also very sparkly!  I added a little bunny from MFT's Snuggle Bunnies who I thought was perfect for this card as he's looking up into the star filled sky.  I colored his little shirt to match the colorful stars and then added my sentiment from Verve Visuals Sentiments stamp set.  Very CAS, but I really like how this turned out and am even more thrilled that I have a graduation card on hand now for when I need one!


Make sure you check out all the fabulous inspiration from Darnell and the rest of the DT, and also our Special GD's (Pia and Liz) and then play along with us right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th, and we can't wait to see you all in our gallery with your 2 different (or two Christmas) STAR cards.  
 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they're beautiful!! I'm loving that little bunny too!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, these are both adorable. I love the shaker with it's bright stars and cute bear. The colorful stars behind the cover plate are so pretty and the little bunny in his colorful sweater is the sweetest.

Darnell said...

You know you are melting my heart with both these awesome critter cards, Marcia! Your little bunny looking up a the rainbow stars is just divine and I love how you colored his little sweater to match! And then, wow, how clever to use the cut-out stars from the plate (and more) to make a shaker window for your adorable STAR polar bear! Again, so cute the way you colored his sweater and I love the red and white twine bow to finish it off! Keep well, my friend! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Great way to use that cover plate with both the cut outs and the cut pieces. Brilliant. I am loving that little bear so darling, and your graduation card hits just the right notes. Wonderful cards, Marcia.

Bonnie said...

Both of these are adorable, Marcia! Love the shaker and how you used the stars from the cover plate! And that little bunny is SO adorable looking up at all those colorful, twinkly stars!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love coverplate dies that give shaker elements - so fun and you've used yours well, Marcia!! Just love the polar bear on the shaker card and the sweet bunny on the grad card!!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm completely smitten with that adorable bunny and you are one clever gal to use those wee stars! Two delightful cards Marcia!

Happy Dance said...

Great minds DO think alike! Lizzy graduated in May, and I'd made my Twofer set well before that, and she liked her card, so that made me happy! I love your graduation card!! That little bunny is adorable, and I love how his sweater matches your rainbow colored stars. CASimply cool! Your Christmas card is clever, and a great way to use those die cut bits. I know your stars are from different papers than the ones on your graduation card, but I always hate to "waste" those bits. They work perfectly in your shaker! And the bit of red with your grays look amazing. One of my favorite color combos. Do stay safe, and take good care. Sending hugs (and colder weather across the Lake)(sorry). xo Bev

Kara Lynne said...

Your twofer designs are both incredible, Marcia! I loved reading about how those tiny stars from the cover plate ended up in the shaker! That PTI polar bear is a classic and even more so in his red sweater! Fabulous combination of red, white, and silver! Hooray for you to have a graduation card on the ready! It is just precious and perfect for any rising star! I love the colors of the stars changing across the sky and how they are reflected in his apparel.

Anita in France said...

Oh my, what a delightful twofer, Marcia! I love the grey/white colour combo with the pops of red (and of course the polka dots!) ... how fabulous is that cute, cosy polar bear with the starry shaker element behind him! That little bunny is adorable gazing up at the rainbow-y star sprinkled sky ... so fun with his striped t shirt matching the glimmery background! Such charm and whimsy on both these critters ... they're just sweet and delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Julia Aston said...

Two wonderful designs using the star cover plate die Marcia! We must have very similar stashes in our craft rooms - as I have all the supplies you used on your wish upon a star card! xx

I Card Everyone said...

One of my favorite star-gazers, Marcia! and a Polar Bear, too? What a treat - I'm seeing stars, alright!
=]

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... two adorable star cards Marcia! They are both so fun. LOVE the shaker card with that sweet polar bear. Great design and love the colours! Your bunny is so sweet! And perfect sentiment to so with the starry sky! xx

Bobby said...

These are both so darling, Marcia. That polar bear in a sweater is so cute and using the stars from the die was a great way to add a shaker. (I saved some of the stars from the die I used on my cards too.) I had a friend send me some of those bunnies and I need to get them out. I love his striped sweater.

JD/ Jill said...

These cards are so sweet, really like your soft colors and card designs