Tuesday, November 3, 2020

CAS Christmas Nov. 2020 - Non-Traditional Colors

Hello friends.  Time for another CAS Christmas challenge, and this month our hostess is the lovely Trina and she would like us to use Non-Traditional Colors on our Christmas cards.


I love using non-traditional colors for Christmas cards, and PINK and TURQUOISE are two of my favorite colors to create with at Christmas!  Here's what I came up with:


I used a new (to me) die from Memory Box called Delicate Pine Frame and die cut from white cardstock once and then die cut again from silver glitter cardstock.  I only used the outer frame from the silver glitter cardstock and the little birdies too.


I used my Copics to color over the silver on the birds (BG45 & RV06) and stamped my "joy" sentiment from a Concord & 9th set called Holiday Cheer Tags.  A very simple card but love the way it turned out!

This challenge is open till the 24th and we'd love to see the gallery flooded with all different NON-TRADITIONAL color combinations!  This would also be a perfect time to finish up those Christmas cards, so check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT and our Special GD Vicky HERE and then play along with us!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


20 comments:

Colleen said...

So very sweet and adorable, Marcia. I love it too...simple and full of whiteness in all its glory!

Dotty Jo said...

So pretty! Love how you brought in the colours, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness what a gorgeous new die, Marcia!! It's wonderful decorated with your sweet pink, and turquoise 'ornaments!'
=]

Bonnie said...

I love your colorful birds, Marcia! Wonderful sparkle and fun, my friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - fun sparkly birds in the white tree, Marcia! Just love how you framed it too!!

Lisa Elton said...

You beautiful snow covered tree with those sweet sparkling birds just make me smile! Love this to bits Marcia!

Christine Alexander said...

Marcia, wow such beautiful non traditional colours. The sparkle is amazing - Gorgeous card :)

Ros Crawford said...

This is adorable... The again your designs and cards always wow me!

Mac Mable said...

So very pretty and I love those cute little birds in the pink and turquoise Marcia x.

Loll said...

LOVE these colours together Marcia. The glittery frame adds so much sparkle, along with the coloured birds. xx

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, this is such a pretty card. I love all those glittery birds and frame. So lovely.

Barb Ghig said...

What a great idea to color your sweet little birds, Marcia! Love your sparkly frame, too! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely color combo, Marcia! The white on white tree really highlights the pretty sparkly birds. Coloring the silver glitter cardstock is a clever idea. Love this card!!
Hideko xx

Birgit said...

Adorable Marcia! What a wonderful color palette! Your glittery birds are darling.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely die cut tree and framings Marcia - so pretty with the outer frame in shiny sliver - and your tiny birds look so sweet glittering on the white tree in their turquoise and pink colors! xx

Trina P. said...

I don’t know why I’ve never tried this cool non-traditional colour combo before. It looks so fun. Lovely card with gorgeous sparkle!

Kath said...

A fabulous card and I love the colours you've chosen.
Kath x

Vicky Hayes said...

How sparkly and gorgeous is this card Marcia?! Love those glittering birds and frame with the white on white background. Thanks for the shout out :)
Vicky x

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so sweet and elegant at the same time. Love your little sparkly birds in turquoise and pink.

Cathy said...

Love all the sparkle and shine on this sweet design Marcia, Memory Box have such beautiful dies, I want them all lol! Cathy x