Sunday, January 24, 2021

A Just For FUN Post and The Flower Challenge (#52)

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with The Flower Challenge, but mostly I'm just playing for FUN today!!


Recently I posted a card that was inspired by the side of a Kleenex box (HERE), and since we go through a LOT of Kleenex boxes at our house, I was inspired by the side of another box using a color combination of light blue and light yellow.  Most of you that know me know I'm not much of a blue fan, but I have to admit that the light blue and light yellow combo really got to me...so much so that I made 3 cards!!!  


 Isn't that such a soft and pretty color combination?!!  All 3 of my cards are using the new multi set stencils from Pinkfresh Studios.  My slimline card uses the Seamless Floral Panel (set of 5 stencils), and I stenciled from the center up, then flipped the stencil over and stenciled from the center to the bottom.  I repeated this process with each of the 5 stencils, so it was a bit of a lengthy process, and then wouldn't you know it, I covered up my beautifully lined up panel in the middle with a dry embossed piece (SU!'s Country Floral 3D embossing folder)!  But hey, it worked for the challenge now and gave me a neutral background to place my "happy" birthday sentiment (The Greetery)!


 
 I finished this card off with some Disco Ball sequins (Gina K), TH Distress Glitter, and the Slim Ornate Banner Dies (Pinkfresh Studios).


Because I couldn't seem to stop with these colors or the stencil sets, my 2nd card used the Daisy Wreath (set of 5 stencils) and Layered Sunburst (set of 3 stencils) and I made the light yellow the main color and the light blue the secondary color.  


I embossed my sentiment in gold on a strip of vellum (Pinkfresh Studios Just Because stamp set), so technically this card can be used for The Flower Challenge too!  I finished this card off using Pinkfresh Studios Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Dies and a bit of the TH Distress Glitter also.


My last card went back to the mostly blue color theme and I used the Garden Florals (set of 5 stencils).  Although you can't see much of it, I also used the Argyle (set of 2 stencils) set for my background along with layers of the Diagonal Stitched Rectangles.  My sentiment is once again from the Just Because stamp set.  I finished this card off with a few clear sequins and some more of the TH Distress Glitter.

So there you have it...3 cards inspired by a box of Kleenex!!  There is also LOTS of BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT over at The Flower Challenge, but if you'd like to play along you need to be quick as the challenge closes on the 26th!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!





13 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

They are absolutely stunning! So clean and fresh, they sure brightened my day!

Viv said...

Delicate and beautiful Marcia!

JoAnn said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun making these 3 beauties. Love them all, especially the delicate colors. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, you were inspired! These are fabulous, Marcia! The second one is my favorite!

Colleen said...

These are just stunning, so beautiful, the yellow and blue are striking together, that is probably why God made so many flowers with those colors! And especially in the center because it is kind of a neutral color. Love what you have done with all these stencils Marcia, oh my you are such an enabler, I love you!!

nancy littrell said...

Three beautiful cards using your soft blue and yellow color combo, heat and dry EB and more. Beautiful cards to have in your stash for special occasions. TFS Marcia. Love and Hugs.Nancy

Loll said...

Three beautiful cards Marcia! I love the design of each of them ... so beautiful and creative. Soft blue and yellow colour combo is quintessentially French. LOVE it on your cards! xx

Loll said...

Oops ... thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!!! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, blue isn't my favorite either, but add yellow and something wonderful happens - looks like it happened three times here today! All three really wonderful!
=]

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful slimline card Marcia! Made em smile!

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, these are gorgeous! Love Love love love

Bonnie said...

Wow, you did have fun, Marcia! Love the blue and yellow combination! These cards are so soothing and uplifting!

Birgit said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards my friend! I love the light blue and soft yellow together. Each of your blooming bouquets are stunning and I love the additions of the vellum and embossing. I'd definitely say you rocked this flower challenge with three winners!