Sunday, January 3, 2021

CAS Christmas Jan. 2021 - SILHOUETTE

Hello friends and welcome back to a NEW year at CAS Christmas Challenge where our host this month is Julia and she would like to see a SILHOUETTE on your Christmas card.


This was an easy challenge for me this month as I had a brand new die I had just bought last month and hadn't had a chance to use it yet, so perfect timing!  It's a Sizzix die from Tim Holtz called Santa's Helper and here's how I used it as a silhouette:


It doesn't get any more perfect in my mind than this sweet little elf die cut in black and helping Santa with the gifts!  


I used a Penny Black background stamp called Christmas Story for my background, stamped in Smokey Slate ink and then matted with a piece of Real Red cs for a pop of color.  CAS and easy peasy!!  

Now it's your turn and we can't wait to see YOU in the gallery with your CAS Christmas cards using a SILHOUETTE!!  For more inspiration, check out what the rest of the DT and our Special GD Pat came up right HERE, and then play along with us...we'd love to help you get a head start on this year's Christmas cards!  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



20 comments:

Debbie said...

Love this card!

Pat said...

Your elf is so cute Marcia and love the soft grey script stamped in the background, and matted with the red which frames it perfectly. A beautiful card! x

Julia Aston said...

Oh yes - this is the perfect die for the challenge Marcia - so fun with the text background and the one little gem on the gift - I bought this guy last year and have still not used him - I bought his cousin the skater this year and used it once.... (!) your card has inspired me to get them both out for next years cards! xx

Susan said...

What a wonderful die to use as a silhouette! Love it against the Christmas text background and the thin red mat.

Barb Ghig said...

Super cute silhouette, Marcia! I love the image to pieces and your background is perfect! xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! What a fun die cut, Marcia! I love how you've placed in on the background words and that narrow red frame! But the elf really is the star of this show!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What an adorable silhouette card, Marcia! The light gray holiday sentiment background and the bright red thin matte are perfect to show off this sweet little elf! Love the tip of his hat is off the edge! So cute!!
Happy New Year, my friend! Hideko xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh boy, he's a cutie patootie for sure! This is darling, Marcia and that little touch of bling on the gift is perfect!

Colleen said...

Oh gosh, he is a darling and so perfect for this challenge! Fabulous card my friend!!

Christine Alexander said...

your Santa's little helper is adorable Marcia, perfect as a silhouette against that great stamped background :)

Loll said...

Fabulous silhouette Marcia!! He looks awesome with the wordy Christmas background and framing in red. Happy New Year! xx

Birgit said...

Love him!!! This is so cute and CAS and perfect with that Christmassy, wordy background. The little bling on the gift is just the right finishing touch. So cute!!

I Card Everyone said...

Just love this background stamp, and your darling elf's curly booties, Marcia! You girls have given me some really creative ways to make a silhouette!
Happy New Year!
=]

Cathy said...

This little elf is so cute! Love the soft stamped background and the pop of red, gorgeous CAS design, Cathy x

Trina P. said...

Sweet card! How I love that fabulous elf die! It’s so adorable. The pop of red makes it even more festive!

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Marcia, Adorable silhouette Elf helping Santa with Christmas Packages:-) Love your lightly stamped sentiment background and narrow red framing too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Ros Crawford said...

What a cute image!! Oh I love this Marcia... Fabulous card! Sorry I haven't been around...

Linda said...

Adorable little Santa helper on this sweet card. Love the background stamp and how you showcased it with the red. Fantastic card, Marcia. Hope you are having a great week.

A.Rose said...

I have this die and the skater and haven’t used them yet! This is perfect! Thanks for the inspiration.

Brenda in IN said...

A wonderful soft background for this cute elf and I like the addition of an embellishment on the bow. Cute card.