Sunday, January 31, 2021

A New Year Of Birthdays - 12 Kits of Occasions January 2021

Hello friends.  We've taken a bit of a break, but the The 12 Kits of Occasions is back with an AWESOME and FUN kit from Tracey and we're celebrating A New Year Of Birthdays!


The photo above shows all the fun elements Tracey included in her kit to the DT and her 3 special guests, and you can check out what all of us did with this kit right HERE.

Tracey's kit was so colorful and easy to use, so let's get started, and here is the 1st of the 5 cards I created...


Tracey included a lot of elements from The Greetery like the die cuts from Pinwheel Party and Birthday Blooms, and I added those to a background I blended with TH Speckled Egg Distress Ink, and then stamped over it with The Greetery's Ticker Tape Background Stamp also in the Speckled Egg ink.  I also added a few die cut Twisted Crepe cutouts from my stash that are also from The Greetery!  A few sequins finished off this fun card!


I apologize for the glare on this card, but the sun caught the acetate just right on this shaker card!  Tracey sent such fun dsp (Vicki Boutin - Let's Wander) in her kit and this candle paper made a fun background to add some colorful little shaker bits (from a previous 12 Kits kit) to, and a sweet little cupcake (MFT's All The Cupcakes) colored with my Copics and a birthday banner sentiment finished off this CAS and fun birthday card.


  I absolutely LOVED this bear image (Studio Katia - Bearing Gifts,) and simply colored him up with my Copics and added him to a piece of the dsp Tracey included.  The "Celebrate" sentiment is also from The Greetery.


This next card is so not my style but yet I absolutely LOVE it!  Graphic and oh so simple, but just perfect for a masculine card!!  I pop dotted the "BIG" (MFT's Big Birthday) to make it stand out even more (like you could miss it, huh??!!) and then glued flat the "Birthday Wishes" onto the dsp .  I mounted it to a Pool Party card base and it literally didn't need anything else!  :0)


 My last card uses a die cut from Studio Katia called Craftastic, and after coloring it up with my Copics and a Gelly Roll pen, I added it to another piece of the fun dsp Tracey included in the kit.  I'm not sure all the colorful buildings and houses really go with the cup full of crafty tools, but I liked the dsp SO much and just had to use it...so artistic license and all that fun stuff!  I die cut one of the sentiments Tracey included and pop dotted that along with a piece of black & white bakers twine up near the top, and easy peasy and done!


  And here they are all together!  Thank you SO much Tracey for such a fun and colorful kit...you totally brightened my day with this one and I had so much fun just playing around with all the different elements you included in the kit!!  I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT and Tracey's 3 special GD's did with this awesome kit, so come hop along with me starting right HERE . 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Birgit said...

Marcia, all your cards are wonderful and so artistic! I'd say you do the artsy style very well. I love the colors you used on that sweet bear. So glad I haven't colored mine up yet. I might be casing your colors. ;0) I love the graphic and artsy style of the BIG birthday card and the one with the cup filled with arty supplies. Your party and shaker card are so festive. You did an amazing job using Tracey's kit!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia you made amazing cards with the kit! Love the way you used you pinwheels at the top of the card and included the banners which were originally a part of the kit. I stopped because they were breaking non stop when I was weeding them. 🙃 I love your shaker, love how you coloured Kobi bear with pink and green and it looks so fun on the pink cheetah, the colour of the patterned paper behind the big birthday wishes is an amazing score and I think the city behind the crafty cup looks great. Thank you for helping me make the kit look fabulous!

Joyce said...

Such a wonderful collection of cards, Marcia. I love how creative each card is. Your first card is literally the definition of a party on a card, and I love the addition of the crepe streamers. Your shaker is really sweet and I love how you used that fabulous urban neighborhood paper. I loved that pattern so much I had to save it! It was great fun to be part of the group this month and to create with you, although at a great distance.

Loll said...

Fabulous cards using Tracey's kit Marcia! Each one has such special elements that Tracey included, but it's your eye for design that puts it all together. Great work! xx

Kay Miller said...

What fun cards Marcia!! Love seeing things from The Greetery included, and I love what you did with them! The little bear is just adorable too! Sounds like you had a lot of fun making them and it sure shows! (Hugs my friend!)

Bonnie said...

You always have such a wonderful variety of cards from these kits, Marcia! Love those pinwheels and streamers on the first card, the sweet shaker, well colored bear with gifts, a super simple masculine card and a cup full of craft utensils! I need to check out that die. Fussy cutting those scissors was a bear!

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Marcia! Well you start the party off with the pinwheels and banners, and it's celebration time from then on... Love the sweet shaker, just adorable. The darling bear against the pink dp carries his perfectly colored presents, and the simple use of white BIG birthday wishes against the bright colorful paper was another perfectly done greeting. And yes, we both used the city paper with the cup of crafting supplies, and glad to have confirmation to that choice of pairing.The coloring on that one is gorgeous! The cup looks as though you could lift it off the card! All fabulous, as usual! Stay warm my friend. Spring's around a corner, or two! Hugs!

Lisa Elton said...

So many CUTE cards, Marcia! Love them all, but the bear holding the gifts is my favorite!

cm said...

Marcia, I'm dazzled by what you've created with Tracey's kit; so much ingenuity and creativity at play! Love the entire set and coming away inspired with ideas of what to do with a few of my 'leftovers'. Truly honoured to be designing with you and the rest of the team this month!
~carol

Nora Noll said...

Oh how FUN!! I LOVE your fun cards that you created!! I think the second one is my favorite!!!

Cat Craig said...

What a fun bunch of stuff to play with, your cards are a great addition to your stash.

Marybeth said...

Wow, Marcia, so many beauties here, loving that confetti window cards! Also love the card with the pink background and gift bear. I can tell you too had lots of fun with Tracey's kit. Take care, friend.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! Marcia these are stunning... Each one is terrific but you know I think I like the graphic one best of all!