Friday, January 15, 2021

CAS Christmas Reminder - SILHOUETTE

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge where we are looking for a SILHOUETTE on your CAS Christmas Card.


 
I actually have a twofer for you this time, as I'm using a couple Spellbinders dies, and couldn't decide which one to use, so I just made two cards!  I wish I could tell you the names of the dies, but I've had them for quite some time and had put them in a clear envelope and just marked it "Spellbinders", but no name!  I looked on their site and couldn't find them, so I'm assuming that they're retired.  If anyone knows the names, let me know and I'll add it to my post.


For my first card I started with a piece of white cs and ink blended it using a bunch of turquoise blue inks from Gina K, and then die cut with a stitched rectangle die.  I die cut my image from black cs and attached to the blended piece before adding both to a white card base.  My sentiment is from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Holiday.


For my 2nd card I embossed my background with a FSJ Evergreen embossing folder and attached that to a Real Red card base.  After attaching my silhouette, I added a piece of black & white bakers twine along with a circle tag and sentiment also from PTI.

This challenge is open the 24th, so go through your stamps and dies and see what you have that would work as a silhouette and play along with us!  If you need more inspiration, check out all the FABULOUS cards from my team mates and our Special GD this month (Pat) right HERE and then play along and get an early start on those Christmas cards.  Remember to keep your cards CAS and to have FUN!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Marcia, belated happy new year! Love your cards so much. What lovely die cuts and so beautifully showcased with those backgrounds, Jo x

Colleen said...

I LOVE both your cards, making silhouette cards for a Christmas scene is so fun! I am especially loving your evergreen embossing folder!

Bonnie said...

Two fantastic dies, Marcia! I see why you couldn't choose. Having two cards is an added bonus! Your blended background is so pretty with the depth of color and I love the embossing behind the second die cut!

Lisa Elton said...

What darling silhouettes! Both of these are charming, Marcia. I can feel the Christmas joy in both of them!

Christine Alexander said...

two great silhouette images Marcia, the kids playing is such a happy scene and love your embossed background for the second card :)

Robyn Oliver said...

Two fabulous silhouette cards Marcia... they are super dies, and I love the backgrounds you've used...Robyn

Loll said...

Two wonderful silhouette cards Marcia! Love the gorgeous blended sky with the silhouette of the children - adorable! And fabulous embossed background for your silhouette of a family taking the Christmas tree home. Both designs are beautiful! xx

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely backgrounds for your pretty vintage looking die cuts Marcia! Two wonderful cards created for the challenge! xx

Cat Craig said...

Lovely cards, those silhouettes are such fun with the embossed backgrounds.

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Marcia! The blue ink-blended background is fabulous, and the black silhouette beautifully pops. The embossed background adds so much interest to the second card! The little circle tag is cute too!
Hideko xx

Barb Ghig said...

Your silhouettes are so pretty, Marcia! I love how you blended your background with the darker blues on top for the first card and your embossed background on the 2nd card is awesome! Love both cards! Barb xx

Mac Mable said...

I can see why you wanted to use the two silhouettes Marcia as they are both fabulous x. Both cards are 'Happy' cards and both are wonderful x.

Birgit said...

Two beautifully sweet cards today Marcia! I've always like the Christmas tree silhouette, and never got it. The silhouette with the three children is adorable and I've never seen that one. They're both just as cute as can be!

Linda said...

Marcia, two beautiful cards with your silhouettes. Your blending is perfect for your first silhouette and the embossing looks great for your second card. Awesome cards.

Ros Crawford said...

Well aren't they the sweetest! I just love your silhouettes and the backgrounds you created for them

Trina P. said...

These silhouettes are so cute and fun. Both cards are awesome. Beautiful blending on the first, but I must admit I love the embossed pines on the second. You’ve just reminded me I have a NBUS pine EF in my stash.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Tow gorgeous silhouette cards, Marcia - love them both!!