Monday, August 9, 2021

Twofer Challenge #41 - DOG/CAT

Hello friends.  A bit of news first...due to family health problems and a change in priorities, our fearless and FABULOUS leader Darnell has decided to discontinue The Twofer Challenge.  Don't be sad though...this challenge has had a great run and we've all learned how to stretch our stamps and dies and stencils into twofers and even threefers sometimes!!  So let's make this last challenge go out with a bark or meow, and how better than with a super FUN Twofer Challenge??  This month is for all you DOG/CAT lovers out there!!

 

We are DOG lovers in this house, so of course my twofer this month a couple DOG cards...a pet sympathy card and a birthday card, both using the same die cut dog from SU!'s Pampered Pets stamp and die set.


Let's take a closer look at each one individually...


This was a doggone simple card to make, and it's always good to have a pet sympathy card on hand for when our furry friends pass over the rainbow bridge!  I framed a piece of the DSP that matches the stamp and die set with MFT's Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window Die and then added the cute little pup that is also on one of the DSP papers using the die that comes with the set.  I actually cut two of the dogs from plain white cardstock to give a bit of dimension to the pup as he sits over the die cut window.  The sentiment is also from the Pampered Pets set.  I matted my top layer with a piece of Real Red cardstock and then adhered to a top folding white card base. 


My birthday card is a fun one where I stamped the dog image multiple times without re-inking to make him look like he's running towards the tree...because, well, look what's up in the tree!!


Yep, one of those gosh darn SQUIRRELS!!  Our first dog Brinkley used to charge to the tree in the back yard and then sit literally for HOURS waiting for the squirrel to come down!!  Too funny!!  I stamped the dog image in Soft Suede ink on kraft cardstock and then used the same die as my first card to cut him out and place him over the stamped running images on my card panel.  My tree was stamped from The Greetery's Fir & Foliage stamp set, and that little squirrel is from a CP Christmas set called Here We Come A - Caroling and he's been pop dotted to stand out a bit.  The sentiment is from the Pampered Pets set.  I think this card will be going to my hubby later this month for his birthday as he used to LOVE watching Brinkley treeing a squirrel!  Our dog Daisy now barks at the squirrels from the comfort of the recliner in the living room, but doesn't bother expending any energy chasing them around outside...she thinks she's a diva!!  Haha!!

So there you have my two dog cards both using the same dog die, but for 2 different occasions.  We can't wait to see YOU in the gallery with all your DOG/CAT cards, and feel free to add some photos of your pets if so inclined!  If you need some more inspiration, make sure you check out what our talented DT and Special GD's have come up with, and then play along with us right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog and smiled at your story about Brinkley and Daisy Marcia x. Such a thoughtful sympathy card. I Loved the way you stamped the second card with the hint of movement and laughed out loud when I spotted the squirrel...Such a fun card Marcia and your husband will laugh too x.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say....Thank you so much for all your inspiration with the Twofer Challenge x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun story about your dogs, Marcia! My cousin's hubby would simply shout "Squirrel" and their dog would hightail it to the door barking like mad - didn't even have to see a live squirrel - LOL! Just love both of your sweet pup cards - thanks for all your inspiration at Twofer!!

Lisa Elton said...

Those sure are some happy pups! Love the motion of the little guy who's treed the squirrel. Our Max used to hit the back yard running if there was a rabbit in it, that little guy could MOVE!! Cute cards, my friend!

Susan said...

Adorable pup, great cards. Love the black, grey, and red colour combination of the first one. Stamping several times is an excellent way to portray movement - that would be my dog too, always wanting to chase the squirrels she sees.

Darnell said...

What a fun post, Marcia! Thank you for calling me fabulous and for being such a valuable member of my TCC team! I think you're fabulous right back and I absolutely adore your doggie designs! He reminds of that classic Lady and the Tramp cartoon. Is that the right one? Your sympathy card is just the right tone and will bring someone comfort when the time comes. And your birthday card for your hubby is so, so clever! I love the story it tells AND the story you told! The way you stamped him off is really using your design skills and I love the little squirrel. Nellie doesn't pay any attention to the squirrels, but our granddog Jack goes NUTS and just like Brinkley, he could sit for hours in a stand-off. It's something you have to see to believe! Love, Darnell

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Marcia! Wonderful dog sympathy card. The DSP in the background is just perfect and so is the sweet dog image and sentiment. The birthday card is so fun. It does look like the dog is running up to the tree to catch that darn squirrel. :) Jessie runs down to the yard when she sees a squirrel, barking the whole way and continues to bark until I get her come back in. :) It's exercise for her. :) Daisy has the right attitude. She definitely is a DIVA! xx

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what beauties Marcia...Love how you did the multiple stamping.. That's genius! I'm sure hubby will love this! A really touching sympathy card - Lets hope you won't need it for awhile...

Birgit said...

these are both adorable Marcia! My dog Dixon does the exact same thing when he get a squirrel in a tree. HOURS! He'll even attempt to climb the tree. Such a fun challenge for this team to go out on.

Bonnie said...

Two adorable doggie cards, Marcia! Love this sweet pup with the black, red & white! It's a fantastic pet sympathy card! Brinkley would have gone nuts at our house! There are so many squirrels out there that sometimes I'm hesitant to go out the door! I love the sweet story and I'm sure your husband will treasure this birthday card! It's been fun being on this team with you, my friend! xoxo

Bobby said...

I've never made or sent a pet sympathy card, Marcia. So wonderful of you to do that as I know how big the loss is. I love the patterned paper behind the darling pup. What a great idea to make a dog in motion. I'm sorry Brinkley isn't around to keep entertaining you with his squirrel chases.

Cat Craig said...

Pet sympathy cards seem to be one that I always need in my stash. I guess many of my friends and family are pet lovers. Your card is fabulous, and sure to bring some comfort. I love that the pup is waiting on that squirrel...too cute and fun. Its been lovely seeing your twofers and I am so glad we became bloggy friends through the twofer dt. Hugs.

Happy Dance said...

That's one amazing dog! Such a cutie pie, and I agree with Darnell, it does remind me of the pup from "Lady and the Tramp!!" Awesome designs, once again my friend, and a fun story about Brinkley, too! It's been a real pleasure playing with you on the DT, Marcia. And I'm glad we've had the opportunity to meet irl, too. If you're ever on this side of the Lake.... Thanks, kiddo. It's been fun! Bev

Vicky Hayes said...

What an adorable dog that is Marcia! I love that you have made a sympathy card. The loss of our pets is devastating yet sometimes people don't think they're 'allowed' to grieve for them. Your squirrel-up-a-tree card made me laugh out loud. How many times has my Eva chased a cheeky squirrel only for it to disappear up a tree leaving her looking adorably confused! Vicky x

oldpunca said...

Dear Marcia, sorry for my late comment.This week was really hectic. I'm impressed of your dog Twofer. Both cards are awesome. The idea of running dog is fantastic. Perhaps my son has to say something about squirrels. :-) And perhaps he would need to purchase a dog, because this greedy creatures are eating everything from his garden. :-)
It was a great pleasure for me to be a member of the Twofer designer team together with you and other ladies. I would be happy if we stay in touch in the future.
Love and hugs, Sonja

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my, how cute are these. This stamp is adorable, oh that face! Pet loss cards are the hardest for me to make. They are part of the family and the loss is so hard. The movement on the treat card is so cute. I can just see him wagging his tail and ready for the squirrel.