Monday, August 23, 2021

Color Hues #24 - Turquoise & Coral

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with the Color Hues Challenge where they are looking for our cards to use TURQUOISE & CORAL.


I used some new goodies from The Greetery and came up with this...


I started by using the Deco Triangles Stencils for my background with Turquoise Sea ink (Gina K), and then mounted it to a piece of Coral Reef cs before attaching both to a top folding white card base.  Next I stamped and die cut my floral bouquet using The Greetery's Floral Delicacy set with the same Turquoise Sea and Coral Reef inks.  I used foam dots behind the bouquet to give a bit of dimension, and also added Distress Glitter to all the leaves...really sparkles a LOT in real life!!  My sentiment is also a new stamp and die set from The Greetery called Everyday Labels, and I also pop dotted that up for dimension.  A few turquoise gems (Pinkfresh Studios) finished off my TURQUOISE & CORAL card.

Lots and lots of beautiful cards from the DT and in the gallery already using these two lovely colors, so check it out and play along right HERE.    

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous take on those Greetery goodies, Marcia! Just love your design and all the shimmer on the leaves!!

Nancy said...

Marcia, You are truly inspiring me with these fun backgrounds lately! This is just lovely in every way! What amazes me is you captured the glitter in your picture as well, which is hard to do. We love seeing your work in our gallery at Color Hues and thanks for the sweet message about the DT...I think they are amazing too.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy to be able to get a good closeup of this beauty, Marcia! WOW is that glitter ever pretty with these fabulous colors!
=]

Bonnie said...

Ooh, how pretty, Marcia! Love the stenciled background and the red flowers! Wonderful job with these two colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your glittery spray of flowers! This is a marvelous card, Marcia!

Birgit said...

What a wonderful color combination. Your card is stunning, my friend!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card and great design with those colors, so pretty.

Cindy Beach said...

I always love finding your cards in the gallery, Marcia! Your card highlights our combo beautifully! I love the stenciled background!

Bobby said...

This is beautiful, Marcia. That little border of coral really brings out the color of the flowers and that stencil is fabulous.

Colleen said...

Gorgeous Marcia! I am loving this color combo too! Love these new flowers from the Greetery!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous! Absolutely wonderful Marcia !

Hannelie said...

Marcia this is so beautiful!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues :)

Mac Mable said...

What a striking colour combination and a beautiful art deco styled card Marcia x.